Deer Hunting Forums banner

food plot in the woods

23K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Unregistered 
#1 ·
are there any food plot mixes that grow good with out lots of sun

#3 ·
If you have deep woods you might look at what is there already that some fertilizer would help. I have fertilized oak trees with big success, other things like greenbrier, crabapples, persimmons, and honeysuckle will benefit too.

#4 ·
secret spot.also heres a tip i just picked up.find your best fruit or mast(acorn) tree and put fertilizer spikes in at the drip line(perimiter of the branches).the tree will really churn the fruit/acorns out.Im gonna try this myself

#6 ·
I went to a siminar held by evolve harvest. I talked to the rep awhile and we hit it off pretty good. He told me one of the best things he ever did was to fertilize the natural brouse. he sprayed liquid fertilizer on honey suckle and other brouse. He said the big boys hang back from the fields til after dark and a good way to pin point them in the woods is to fertilize a section of brouse. He said they will prefer the fertilized brouse over the non fertilized due to it being tastier. This was comming from a rep who's job is to sale seed! Something to think about anyway.

#7 ·
bingo and if you hunt public property its often illegal to plant plots but it doesnt say nothing bout fertilizing the trees or native browse .:coffee:

#8 ·
this has gone to far off the original question topic.So lets drop it in here and open it in the lodge.thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.