Deer Hunting Forums banner

delberts plots

13K views 40 replies 8 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
I havent been around so much , but we are still thinking about hunting.
got some beans in early and just started catching good rains.
My alfalfa is growing good and so is my clover on my low ground
My sons plots are coming on strong this year, he is pumped
got a few pics

d454.jpg[/IMG]

See less See more
#5 ·
I worked up some more fall plot ground yesterday between the showers.
Im going to plant oats back almost to the woods , and sugar beets along the woods

We have had some rain almost ever day the last 30 days, im lucky to have sandy ground

#8 ·
Just did my plot yesterday hope it takes little late for my area
I planted biologic outfitters blend never tried it before so we will see

#10 ·
Sounds like every buddy has the same thing on their mind
When my sugar beets come I will plant a 1/4 Acre with some soy Beens mixed in then wait 4 weeks and plant the other 1/4

A farmer around here planted some sugar beets last year and couldn't keep the deer out we will see what happens

#13 ·
awesome looking plots delbert I am assuming you don't use plot mix but buy seeds from a farm & feed store?
I am thinking of ordering seeds next year online looks cheaper then buying plot mixes

#14 ·
Thanks guys
I did buy the seeds at a seed plant , the beens are a round up ready grazing been last year they got 6ft tall, they are up to my belly buton so far this year.

My clover is the whitetail clover mix

I planted a mix last week ,winter bulbs & sugar beets but when i read the bag its only 4% beets :crybaby:

So i ordered 5lb of sugar beets off ebay good for a 1/2 acre, i will mix in some soybeens to give the deer some tenders to eat till frost

The new ground i have worked up will be a mixed blend its a 1/3rd of a acre

#15 ·
I got my beet seeds in and started reading about them , they need 90 days to mature .
So i went ahead and planted them all
This first pic is the box stand plot i made for my wife that she doest use like she should
On the new ground i worked up last week i planted a bio logic outfitter mix
the 2nd pic is me out standing in my field of beens

The water went down a little and i was able to ride a 4 wheeler to are back plots, my sons , they are growing good also

#20 ·
Delbert those look awesome
My outfitter plot is popping up good only a week old & most is a couple inces tall already once it thickens I will post an update pic

#21 ·
It's been real hot and dry for 3 weeks are farmer has the wells running in the Beans .
I brought my pump out today, when the water gets close I'm going to pump it over the levy to. My new sugar beet plots.
I think about Friday it will be down to me

#22 ·
We got rain yesterday here in Ohio. Looks like like food plots in PA will have to wait till next spring, no equipment available. I was hyped up to put my first fall plot in. I think I will still go help with the propane line work and put out some mineral sites. I still get a small get away but not a high productive one.

#26 ·
HM, get a bag of throw N grow. use a garden rake to clean and scratch an area up spread seed rake again and done. better than nothing and just mite stop that big one long enough to let some air out of him

#27 ·
delbert I was in the same boat here but last few days we were in the hish 70's-80's thunder storms ever night so the plot got a good soaking was nervous as one storm dumped 3" in an hout but the Plot held up great & is now growing fast have rain showers all weekend & into next week
I planted anouther yesterday don't have much hope for it but will see what happens

#28 ·
I did get the propane line ran. 200' through shale rock and tree roots. Lucky there were three of us. The food plots had a small amount of clover still in them so they will wait till next late spring to redo. We did put out 4 mineral sites. Saw a few fresh bear tracks and many deer runs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.