Deer Hunting Forums banner

Just needing some ideas

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
My dad, brother and myself have fallen victim to losing all of our hunting grounds. We are now hunting a 1 acre spot on the back end of our property. It backs up to approx. 200 acres of timber, CRP, and crops. We have hung cameras and seen quite a few deer averaging anywhere from 100" to around 160". The deer are there, we know from cameras. We have to barrel corn feeders and have tried various food plots (with some success). My question is: is there anything that we can do to increase the number and frequency of deer that are showing up. They are sporadic in movement and bucks are seldom seen with the naked eye. We have does out the rear-end and show up on time just about every night. Could anyone throw me some advice?

#2 ·
sounds like you already have a good thing. if you have and hold does in the area that's the best thing to draw buck in when the rut starts. other than that just make area a deer paradise. mite put in some small plots with some good stuff to pull them in. if you have crp and crops around you it will need to be something that they really like. maybe start a mineral site?

#4 ·
well with one acre, I think the best thing for you to do is find the main travel corridor through your property. Unless it's heavily wooded, I don't see them (in large numbers) all bedding on your 1 acre. Now, that said, 1 acre is plenty of land to take deer on. Make sure you get to know your neighbors and get permission to go track your deer if/when you get one. With only 1 acre, don't over do it with food plot AND corn feeders. Having all that food may just get your neighbors to hunt closer to you than you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.