Spring Food Plot - Deer Hunting Forums

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Spring Food Plot

Hello, I am going to plant a spring food plot next year. The area I am thinking of putting the plot is about 400 square feet of wooded,remote woods. It recieves indirect sunlight but I will clear out most of the small trees and brush. It is well drained with it being on a sloped area. Some of the mixtures I am thinking of planting are Throw and Grow(Evolved Harvest), Throw and Grow Extreme(Evolved Harvest), Imperial Extreme(Whitetail Institute), and Whitetail No-Plow(Whitetail Institute) as these are supposed to be planted in the spring and for shaded areas. I would rather plant Bowstand and Secret Spot from Whitetail Institute because both are specifically designed to be used in shaded areas. However, they are supposed to be planted in the fall. Do you think it would not grow or what if I planted it in the spring? Any comments on any of the other seeds I mentioned would help. If you have had any other success with other seeds share, please. Thanks!
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 AM
B&C 160 Class

Plant the spring plot when fall planting time comes work it in and plant your fall plot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode