Catfishing - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Fishing

Old 06-08-2009, 09:24 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default Catfishing

Got to go fshing over the weekend for catfish, I wish I had a camera with us we had some pretty good fish. I had a 21lb a 13lb and a 10lb as my big fish with several smaller ones. The catfishing is just cranking up June,July and August we should get into the big boys.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM
B&C 140 Class

Sounds like you had a good trip. What kind of fish were you catching over there? Blues, flathead? I went fishing over the weekend too, but I was using my fingers for bait (noodling). I had never caught one like this before, and let me tell you it was a blast. There is nothing quite like reaching into a likely spot and feeling a fish there in the water just doing its thing. They were surprisingly calm and just let me fumble around until I got my hands on them. It was also neat to see how these fish spawn...they apparently find a spot out of the main current (usually an undercut or in a piece of debris), lay their eggs, and sit and fan them until they hatch. In all the holes with fish there was a big pile of eggs there as well. That was a side of things that I had never seen in the wild, and was neat to experience.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:53 PM

Sounds sucessful Buckshot. I put worms and crickets on a hook for my daughter the other day for about 30 minutes fishing at the creek.. She got a few nibbles but didnt hook anything..

Flex you are going to have to go to the national noodling contest now.. (they call it something like that) Ive seen those TV's shows about it and those dudes are some noodling pros.. Ive never done it but I would have to say its would be kinda heart pumping sticking your hand in hole under the water hoping you find a fish thats nice to you..
Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 AM
B&C 160 Class

Catching mostly Channel cats, The biggest was a Blue and we did have one flathead.

You can have the noodleing I have seen the big alligator snapping turtles that are in the water around here. Nope I'll keep my hands where I can see them.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:42 AM
B&C 180 Class

channel cats are lots of fun and great eating we dont get blues or flats up here as for noodling the size of the snapping turtles i've seen are no joke no way im doing that
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Scrub Buck

me.JPG This is a pic of me from 8/20/09 with my 42lb6oz Flathead catfish from a MWCD lake in ohio fish was caught in 15in of water in a rain storm fish was 53in long and had a 32in girth was a hog hope ya like.....sniper