Canada Northern Pike Fishing - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Fishing

Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Canada Northern Pike Fishing

There are many small lakes and river chains in Ontario Canada that never get fished and that are packed with huge freshwater alligators. Personally with the help of my dad in my younger years we have had the opportunity to fish many of these lakes and luck out on huge northern's. This has been a family tradition dating back before I was born. There's nothing better than re stringing the poles with 50 lb test line and packing the bags to snag a big one and have the memories with the family last a lifetime.

Anyone else have the same opportunity to fish for monster pike???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 07:24 AM
B&C 100 Class

check out bushlandadventures.com this is where i have been going for last 10 years. always had great success, never came home disappointed. largest pike so far, in our group, is 47 1/2". we go to lake evans, kirk island camp, worth every penny!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:30 AM
B&C 180 Class

always wanted to do one of those fly in trips to the bush to catch huge lake trout,northern pike and walleyes
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 01-29-2009, 05:07 PM
B&C 140 Class

I REMEMBER 15-20YRS AGO I WENT TO CANADA FISHING FOR NORTHERN PIKE AND WALLEYE.GOUIN RESOVORS?HAD TO DRIVE DOWN A DIRT ROAD 110MI.THEN THEY FLY YOU IN MAYBE 30MIN FLIGHT ON A 6 SEATER BEAVER(WATER PLANE)I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME CAUGHT MANY MANY NORTHERNS AS WELL AS WALLEYE.THE BIGGEST WALLEYE WAS 15LBS AND NORTHERN WAS 25LBS.VERY NICE I WOULD LOVE TO GO ABAIN SOMEDAY BUT I GUESS ANYBODY CAN DRIVE RIGHT TO THE LAKES WHERE WE FISHEDIT WOULD STILL BE FUN THOUGH TO GO BACK.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:11 PM

We're going back this year. Looking for outfitters right now on line. Areas that I'm looking are Red lake, Ear Falls, Cedar Lake. All three are in Ontario Canada north of International Falls. If anyone has any past experience on anyone of these lakes please let me know. Thanks HM