Striper - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Fishing

Old 04-24-2007, 10:40 AM
B&C 180 Class

hey bill any word on the shad yet?
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 PM
B&C 100 Class

no dont pay atention no that i am in a area where thet are not in the fishkill creek by south ave in beacon all you needed was a dip net and you was good to go but now i get to mis that all for a move upstate but atleast the deer is good
Old 04-24-2007, 03:42 PM
B&C 180 Class

so you saying the fishkill creek might be a good spot ?
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 04-25-2007, 05:55 AM
B&C 100 Class

in beacon on the the new tail by the south ave bridge is good for shad and the grab come in to the creek there too al it is the only part of the creek effected by tide. be about 6 years since i have got there to ish it the walking deck is nice they put in put it blocked of a way to get to the creek in that spot used to be a set of steps to a door on the old fatory u could get down and up in the wood befor the dam(sucker falls) is a good spot for sunny to bass at times
Old 04-25-2007, 11:07 PM
B&C 180 Class

im going to be camping in harriam beacons not to far away maybe ill check it out after my turkey hunt.i just found a g dam tick on my shoulder from trout fishingi got all of himout and no blood in him put some triple antibiotic cream on it
Old 04-26-2007, 05:58 AM
B&C 100 Class

joel just ask for the madam brett trail
Old 04-26-2007, 06:11 AM
B&C 180 Class

awesome ihear the stipers are starting to get thick up the hudson they're slamming them in the croton area
Old 04-28-2007, 05:50 AM
B&C 100 Class

best of luck joel at the beacon river front there used to be some good spots by the train station the floating docks where a good spot if they still let you fish from them
Old 04-28-2007, 06:41 AM
B&C 180 Class

i hear beacons a little shady and dangerous
Old 04-29-2007, 06:44 AM
B&C 100 Class

grew up there lived there till 2001 the only thing shady is all the art and antque dealers. and the 900 plus bucks they get for a studio apartment now days.
beacon has always had a bad rep plus it only is home to down state cor fiskill cor and camp beacon there fine state run vacation spots the book you for 1- to life stays