striped bass - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Fishing

Old 03-26-2008, 09:14 PM
B&C 180 Class

clams are great for the surf/ocean .right now they are in the hudson ,sandworms and bloodworms are the preferred food source right now.in a few weeks the herring and shad will also make the run up the river to spawn thats when things get HOT.i GOT EVERY LURE OUT THERE FOR STRIPERS .i USED TO BE A SURF "RAT" SPENT MANY days and nights chasing those fish all over NY.I got a great book if your interested in reading it over your vacation.you can pm me.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 PM
B&C 180 Class

I went today the wind was whipping again so i went to a back cove i know.i got 4 decent catfish,they are swimming in my tub right now.Ill fillet them tomorrow.i also got a bunch of white perch .filleted them up and rolled em in cornmeal and fried em up in bacon grease made some hush puppies and a big salad.No striper's today either.Ill get into yet.I just volunteered with the DEC to do fish surveys of stripped bass and shad /herring.Im hoping to get a job with the DEC once im all better.I figure a little volunteer work will look good on the resume
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 04-28-2008, 03:40 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default 2 10lbers

Went out last week and landed these two ten pounders, i know they get a lot bigger in other lakes but these are pretty good stripers for tims ford lake, TN, actually one is a hybrid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of Marissa3 142.jpg (41.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-28-2008, 06:25 PM
B&C 180 Class

nice work .what did ya use to catch em?they make fine table fare too
Old 04-29-2008, 10:21 AM
B&C 100 Class

i caught them on live bait i used a leader with a gold spinner and about a 3 to four inch minnow while trolling
Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
joel, I've heard these aren't very good eating but are a heck of a fight. What's your take on eating them.
stripers are great eating but a key thing to do with them is to cut out all the red meat and you got yourself a good meal with fried hushpuppies and coleslaw

sometimes if it is a big striper ill even slice the filets in two making them a little bit thinner
Old 04-29-2008, 10:50 AM
B&C 180 Class

yup i do the same