fishing in canada - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Other Hunting Topics > Fishing

Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM

My problem was my buddy in PA went on all the fishing trips so he and I fished together and my work buddy took care of my dad. Those were great trips back then, even my brother and son got into the action for several years. In the last few years my dad's lungs got too bad for him to go hunting or fishing and finally just quit working. I hope my dad and brother are looking down and smiling every time I'm out there doing what we all enjoyed! I sure miss them. With the weather so nasty I even went through my fishing tackle today sorting stuff and seeing what I need to stock up on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 AM

HM I am Sure they are
I didn't even get a fishing license this year purchased one every year since I was 16 & last 5 years I maybe went once or twice each year & the cost keeps going up so I am just getting my rifle, archery & Turkey tags this year as now I have to buy my oldest daughter a hunting license on top of it $38 just for her to hunt Spring Turkey's ( roughly the cost for just my fishing license) Now with the Motorcycle I can't keep my wife off it so that is what we do most of the Summer except for my scouting & treestand hanging time

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 PM

GFD2 wish you lived close, I'd show you a fishing trip of a life time. We have a 14 hr drive from Toledo Ohio. The lake we fish has real monster pike in it. The rush of a 46"-25lb pike on is unbelievable. I know the salt water guys get the really big stuff but fresh water small boat fishing is my other sport. As soon as the weather breaks I get the boat out and begin the spring cleaning prep. I hope to get out a few more times on Lake Erie this year for early walleye.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:58 AM

14 HOUR DRIVE Oh my but those large Pike are fun when we were catching them in Canada I had a 14' Grumman Alum. & those pike were pulling my boat everywhere my trolling motor was having a hard time fighting them & it was a 40lb thrust motor
all we could do is Laugh & let them pull us where they wanted to go

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM

What I like is you never know who is going to win. I did have "the big one get away" but this year is another chance at redemption. The pike I lost was into the +30 lb class easy.