For Sale Remington .270 - Deer Hunting Forums
DHC Classifieds A place to sell your hunting equipment and find your next hunting spot.

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

For Sale Remington .270

Remington 700 BDL .270 with Leather Sling, Checkered Monte Carlo Stock, Redfield Widefield 2x7 Scope, Redfield Rings and Bases, one owner personal gun, 2 boxes and 17 shells of Hornady 130 gr SST ammo. great condition 1970's gun. $705

Last edited by Chiefs; 12-10-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Price seems pretty steep? Book shows rifle 400.00 in vg cond, scope about 100.00 and 50 for ammo. Everyone gets to ask what they want for their stuff just curious where the extra value is? Unusual high grain wood on the bdl? Any additional extras?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Remington

The value that I found on this gun, was consistently in the $550 - $650 range, I did see $400 - $500 in one place, but that was below the average for this gun. Your mention of the $400 was the very bottom value that I could find that was considered for this gun. You also mentioned $50 for the shells, again a bit low for 2 3/4 boxes of this ammo, and consideration should be given for the rings and bases, so altogether if we split the difference between the low end of what you mention and the high end of what I found, I am not entirely out of the ballpark, also considering this gun is in excellent condition, and a 1970's gun which I consider of better value than the guns made now. Thanks for your help.
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 02:54 PM

Just for info, I used Dan Shideler's 2010 standard Firearms catalog values. Thanks for the reply! No doubt the 1970's rifles, bolts and wood, were much better than today's Remington's.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Just for info, I used Dan Shideler's 2010 standard Firearms catalog values. Thanks for the reply! No doubt the 1970's rifles, bolts and wood, were much better than today's Remington's.
Just saw the same gun at Cabelas, no scope, no rings and Bases, no ammo for $670, so I am in the ball park for $705, with the extras.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode