Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Crossbows (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/crossbows/)
-   -   Test post for the new forum (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/crossbows/9763-test-post-new-forum.html)

buckfever 07-05-2012 06:32 PM

Test post for the new forum
 
Just making sure this bad boy works ok.. :ph34r:

daddus1 07-06-2012 03:21 PM

Thank you BF for giving crossbows a chance! As I recall you went horizontal last year didn't you?
daddus

Hunting Man 07-07-2012 09:11 AM

I also went to the crossbow last year, wasn't able to pull the trigger though on anything. Excalibur Vortex model, I like it, no wheels, accurate, simple, scoped. I didn't go with the auto string wind up but the pull string is easy even with my limited neck/shoulder movement.

Hellbilly 07-07-2012 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use a horton exployer 150 with a 3 dot red dot scope. Have taken many deer with it using carbon express 20" bolts and 100g 3 blade muzzy BHs. Have the scope set at 20-30-40. I did take a buck 2 years ago at 53yds. always 100% pass thrus and have never had any go more than 20yds except 1 buck. I like my crossbow,it helped me get back into archery hunting after my accident. I have started back with my compound bow 2yrs ago, but can only use it on good days when Im not hurting to bad to pull it back. crossbows have there place in hunting. here is my first with xbow

Hunting Man 07-08-2012 06:48 AM

Looked like a perfect shot!

buckfever 07-11-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddus1 (Post 70760)
Thank you BF for giving crossbows a chance! As I recall you went horizontal last year didn't you?
daddus

Your welcome!

I havent gone horizontal yet. Still shooting an old Hoyt as of right now.

beetlebomb 08-17-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellbilly (Post 70773)
I use a horton exployer 150 with a 3 dot red dot scope. Have taken many deer with it using carbon express 20" bolts and 100g 3 blade muzzy BHs. Have the scope set at 20-30-40. I did take a buck 2 years ago at 53yds. always 100% pass thrus and have never had any go more than 20yds except 1 buck. I like my crossbow,it helped me get back into archery hunting after my accident. I have started back with my compound bow 2yrs ago, but can only use it on good days when Im not hurting to bad to pull it back. crossbows have there place in hunting. here is my first with xbow

Man, you guys got me convinced on the Muzzys! Never had one go over 20 yards?
I will be finding out because I'll be shooting some this year.

Hellbilly 08-19-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetlebomb (Post 71525)
Man, you guys got me convinced on the Muzzys! Never had one go over 20 yards?
I will be finding out because I'll be shooting some this year.

Good hunting,and enjoy them muzzys. 1 big question for you.did you get the 3 or 4 blade? I hope the 3 blade

Hunting Man 08-19-2012 08:12 PM

hopefully MX3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.



LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC8