Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Crossbows (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/crossbows/)
-   -   Lighted nocks (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/crossbows/13818-lighted-nocks.html)

Hunting Man 09-19-2013 11:06 PM

Lighted nocks

Kinda excited to try out the lighted nocks this year. I was impressed with how bright they are in broad daylight. Hopefully Michigan will provide an real field test :thumbup:

Hellbilly 09-20-2013 12:12 AM

I want to try them also. will have to wait till next season. On a real tight budget this year. I have a dozen arrows so if I loose a few Im still OK. Let us know how they work out

gfdeputy2 09-20-2013 06:20 AM

love the lighted Nocks I just bought the After Burns
just like the nockturnals but 1/2 the price & brighter
I don't know if they make them for Crossbow bolts though
will test to see how long they last

daddus1 09-20-2013 12:23 PM

HM,
Been using Luminocks for a little while and I really like them but one thing they don't do for me is to enable me to follow the arrow flight.
Stryker380 shoots and presto there is a luminock lighted up sticking in the ground or tree. For me it is too fast and I figure if you can watch the flight off one of the crossbows good for you!
Where it becomes important to me if the shot was questionable I can instantly check the arrow and from the blood on the arrow and the smell determine if I instantly track or back out for awhile. IMHO
daddus

Gamestalker 11-08-2013 04:35 PM

My experience with lighted nock has NOT been good, so far!

I bought a set of three Ten Point Pro Elite crossbow
arrows with tracer nocks. (HEA-637.3) I shot one arrow into a crossbow target three times. The next time that I tried to put the arrow onto my crossbow the nock was gone! I never even activated the tracer nock. I shot a second arrow one time & that nock is now missing! For what these cost I would think that they would last better than that!

Well, I called Ten Point & got referred to Easton. So, I called Easton & the guy I talked to had never heard of anyone having this problem before. He is shipping me some new nocks & said that if I have the same problem again he wants me to send the arrows back so he can find out what the problem is.

I'll have to see how the new nocks work out.

Mtns2hunt 07-01-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamestalker (Post 104522)
My experience with lighted nock has NOT been good, so far!

I bought a set of three Ten Point Pro Elite crossbow
arrows with tracer nocks. (HEA-637.3) I shot one arrow into a crossbow target three times. The next time that I tried to put the arrow onto my crossbow the nock was gone! I never even activated the tracer nock. I shot a second arrow one time & that nock is now missing! For what these cost I would think that they would last better than that!

Well, I called Ten Point & got referred to Easton. So, I called Easton & the guy I talked to had never heard of anyone having this problem before. He is shipping me some new nocks & said that if I have the same problem again he wants me to send the arrows back so he can find out what the problem is.

I'll have to see how the new nocks work out.

I am new to this forum and while I know this post is somewhat dated I was wondering how your new nocks worked out?

Personally, I shoot luminocks and most of the time they have worked great. However one time the arrow did not light up and I lost it in a hay field. I will really catch grief if my arrow flattens a tractor tire - not to mention my wallet.

Another time I shot a really nice buck and think the arrow hit and stayed in the off side shoulder. I only found about 4 inches of arrow broken off and the nock was turned off. I believe the deer bit the end of the arrow off and in the process turned off the Luminock. Unfortunately I never found the deer.

Otherwise - killed three does and nocks worked perfectly just like in the videos.