Deer Hunting Forums banner

College picks

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
Ok the season is nearly here! Lets hear your picks for top ten. :boxing:I'll list my picks later. However, it would be nice if you place your favorite team fairly where they belong. Hawaii at #1 would have me :green: so please be fair. I don't figure my Buckeye's to be top ten, and no post season games, they will be a contender in the next 2-3 years so beware, Urban Meyer will have them in the hunt soon.

#2 ·
It's so hard to tell at this stage in the game but I would think Bama, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, and Oregon will be in the top 10 (hope SEC leads it).

I am mainly hoping that my Vols will be a surprise to the SEC and nation this year and finish at least in top 20( if not top 15). I believe Mizzou, Texas A&M, and Vandy could be better than anyone thinks!

I personally believe USC, Geogia, South Carolina, and Arkansas won't live up to the hype this year.

This is all without seeing any team play so I could be WAY off.

No matter how the cards fall Go Big Orange from this Vol For Life!!

#5 ·
I agree with Vol Hunter on most everything he says. It could be that I just like his "I dont think USC will live up to the hype" comment. I really dont like that team at all.

I cant really fill out a complete top 10. Havent seen enough coverage yet. All I know is I will be yelling at my T.V. Friday night in hopes of the Vols putting a beat down on N.C. State.

HM I also think Mr. Meyer will turn things around for you at Ohio State as well. I believe he will bring some guys to your school that would have never looked there before.

The team to watch out for is Texas A&M. They will be the powerhouse in the future. It will do them well being from Texas and being a part of the toughest conference there is.

#7 ·
I'm going to agree that alabama & LSU will be in the front. USC, Michigan South Carolina, Texas tech, Wisconsin, Nebraska,Florida State Michigan State Georgia and Delbert"s hogs will be up there. I know the Boise States and their counter parts will have good seasons but.... Ohio State will be in the top 17 but no bowls this year :ranting:. anyway collge football is here and ye haw!!!!

#8 ·
Buckfever - I just don't see how a team that finished last season unranked is in the top 5 on so many lists. Granted their schedule is normally a cake walk, but I think that is just too much hype.

Tator - I would've agreed with you before yesterday, but I just heard that Mizzou has lost their 1,100+ yrd rusher for the entire year.

#13 ·
My Monday morning thoughts.

I know Oregon played a cream puff but they looked like a solid squad. Here's to hoping they beat USC in the dirt.

Michigan did look over-rated playing against the AL squad. I think AL is awesome this year as well but not that awesome that a #8 ranked team should get that blown out.

And tator we can have a friendly wager on whether or not Mizzou is in the top 10 by the end of the year!! They are gonna need a couple more years to get to that level.

Be excited HM about years to come. Meyer will do Ohio State well.

TN will finally beat FL this year.

#15 ·
Thoughts after week one....USC plays a pushover team and gets talked about how strong they looked.....BS.....least they fell in the polls. Alabama rolled a Michigan team that didn't have 2 pretty good players (Bama still is the team to beat tho). Vols blew out one of highest ranked secondaries in the nation and are finally getting talked about. South Car looked liked crap but didn't lose a spot in rankings?? Vandy is going places under Franklin. Ohio State will do extremely well under Meyers.

#20 ·
I wish him the very best recovery also. Those kind of hits and the resulting injury are rare when you consider the number of games per day played but how do you reduce the chances and still play the game??? That maybe is one of the worse injuries that I can remember. With today's skilled medical personnel many times these kind of injuries have pretty good end results. I hope they get him back on his feet, he is in for some tough rehab. I pray for he and his family!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.