Joe paterno - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > College Sports
College Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from college sports.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 AM
B&C 120 Class

X 2 Spiker!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 04:29 PM

Putting his football program over the kids being molested is his legacy now! What a mistake from someone we all thought had his moral/ethical ducks in a row. You just never know what skeletons are in someone's own closet!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 PM
B&C 180 Class

Well personally, I am glad that the NCAA handed down stiff penalties especially to the football program. For one, the reason they took away ALL victories from 1998 till 2012 is because that way Joe Pa is NO longer in the record books at the top for winningest coach. They do NOT want his name there- and I agree.

Personally, I believe the act of molestation and rape are probably the most disgusting and degrading acts you can do to another human being. To me, these acts are just like murder because that person who is abused will NEVER be the same again- no matter how much money you throw at the problem. As many of you are well aware, I'm 100% for the death penalty---- I would not be opposed to discussion about rapers are molestors getting that penalty. They distroyed a life... now there life needs to be destroyed.

In a way, I agree with spiker... I see where you are coming from man and I absolutely share your disgust with people who do these acts. However, I believe God Himself will judge them very harshly when they reach heaven. I do not wish burning in hell on anyone because that is the ultimate. But rest assured.... if they have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior, that's what they will be doing eventually.

On another note... please keep the young men who were abused in your prayers guys. They need all the prayer in the world.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 AM
B&C 160 Class

I agree and am happy the victories lost wipe out pasternos legacy that is good.The point i am making is how trivial it all is compared to what was done at this house of horrors.Turn on espn and all they cover is if their recruits are gonna leave or not.Im closed on this one now but i think this shows the danger of ego,power,&money.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 AM

Amend brother!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:19 PM
B&C 140 Class

Really!!!! Joe Paterno = scum bag
This is something I have tried to stay out of with it being so close to home for me. But enough is enough, you guys claim to be Fair and objective but what I see is you being led around by the liberal biased media. And this Freeh guy what is he a paid prosecutor paid to find all the crap he can. Unfortunately there was plenty to dig and I'm not saying give anybody a pass, But even that filthball Sandusky got a trial. JOE PATERNO DIDN'T!!!! We wonder why this country is in the shape it is in??? Just jump on the parade to the cliff like the rest of the lemmings and jump, whatever you do don't really give it some thought. If one of your relatives had this happen to them how would you feel then? Ahhh 20/20 hindsite is always perfect! As I said on another forum, goodbye and GOD bless you all!
daddus

Matthew 7:1-2
Do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Do not try to contact me or respond to this post because I don't need this vile crap on my deer hunting forum. Goodby
Old 08-05-2012, 06:40 PM
B&C 120 Class

We are so saddened by this situation.Our daughters and son-in-law graduated from Penn State in the 90's.My thoughts are along this line.Sports are great for physical fitness,mental alertness,competiveness etc.But I think this society has lost sight of what is important with the huge salaries for pro athletes who provide entertainment but do not produce a tangible product or service in my opinion.These college programs are training programs for the pros.I think that education should be our focus.Other countries are passing us in this area.Without the financial incentive would this situation have been allowed to develop?I do not want to offend sports fans, just getting something off my chest that has bothered me for years.

Last edited by 3212; 08-05-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:42 AM
B&C 120 Class

Daddus - Knowing that the media is so biased - I do not trust much of what they say and I will not let the findings of one man influence all of my thoughts about an individual.

As an example. The Media ( the same group of people tearing down the Paterno legcy) say that Obama is the best man ever, clearly flawless, and coudln't possibly make a mistake. How many people suddenly believe this.

I am not trying to kindle a fight - just be consistent.

Jesus said " he who is without Sin throw the first stone."
Old 08-06-2012, 07:43 PM

Paterno failed to protect the kids! What greater sin is their? DD1, sorry that this discussion has caused you to leave this site, however, I do not see reason to resort to that level simply because you disagree with others. Heck there are many times I disagree with some here but do my best to make my point and leave it to that.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 AM

I know nothing about team sports or the figures involved, So I couldn't submit comment on any part of it.

I only hope daddus1 finds a way to cool down and returns to the DHC.