Corruption - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > College Sports
College Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from college sports.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:48 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default Corruption

Anybody see the Auburn scandal under Tuberville players are saying they were payed.Recruits were also saying at Ohio State they were offered sex.We all love college ball but were fooling ourselves if we think its not all about the DOLLAR.Its big business plain&simple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 AM

all about money, add USC, Mich fab 5, ect ect
Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 AM
B&C 160 Class

Ur right HM dont no how i forgot good ole Pete Carrol leaving when the blank is about to hit the fan.Then Lane Kiffin who for once made Al Davis look like he did the right thing.We could go on forever.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:48 AM
B&C 140 Class

How can it be? Cheating over sports? I just don't believe it! It may be the same as when five years ago I walked into a mandatory PA drivers class when the instructor said, "welcome to the 1% of you that got caught speeding or whatever." He then stated that probably most have done whatever but just haven't gotten caught. As long as we will pay for the minor leagues for major league sports we are just as guilty. As the guy said on the TV show "Sharks" last night it is all about money. We need to beware the trap. Been there was able to escape with the help of my Higher Power.
daddus
Money buys a lot but I've never seen it buy lasting happiness.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:28 AM
B&C 180 Class

honesly, each time something "new" pops up it doesn't surprise me. I think everyone would be shocked at how many coaches cheat in the NCAA. It's unbelievable. You can't hardly find a good ethical and moral coach anymore. heck the other night I watched Kentucky vs. UCONN and all I could think about the whole game was "I wonder how much all these players on the floor are already getting paid?" you know they all are. ESPECIALLY under those two cheaters they call coaches. That also doesn't surprise me about Ohio St. and the sex thing. That's been a long standing "perk" of D-1 schools... that's what draws most of those 18 year old guys in.. not the school name or the reputation or the chance to play... the girls.. there more girls that are interested in him the more likely he's coming. They're like leaches. And believe me, the coaches know how to use these girls. How far from prostitution is this??? Dare I ask?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:43 PM

who pays for the $100's of $ of tatoo's these guys are wearing? Someone's paying for them and I don't think they're free, always a price to be paid.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:20 PM
B&C 180 Class

Tatoos = biggest waste of money EVER...

my opinion, don't bite my head off
Old 04-04-2011, 05:53 PM
B&C 160 Class

My cousin attended Duke University it wasnt for basketball but it was a full ride for another sport.I dont wanna give his name or sport but you can rest assurred he didnt want for nothing.I can remember seeing 100's of pair of nikes just for him and this was just a minor perk.I think the corruption is beyond repair and Tator is right that basketball match Kentucky vs Uconn featured two of the most corrupt coaches there is.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:35 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
My cousin attended Duke University it wasnt for basketball but it was a full ride for another sport.I dont wanna give his name or sport but you can rest assurred he didnt want for nothing.I can remember seeing 100's of pair of nikes just for him and this was just a minor perk.I think the corruption is beyond repair and Tator is right that basketball match Kentucky vs Uconn featured two of the most corrupt coaches there is.

The ncaa allows players to get shoes, jerseys, practice gear, sweats, sweat suits, etc... because they are "using" these to play the sport. I'm pretty sure they don't put a limit on the stuff. That's why many kids in college have 100's pairs of nikes or 50 sweatshirts while playing. They even did that at the college I went to here in MO, and it'd a D2 school. when nike or adidas or reebok or UA sponser a school, it's a BIG deal. It's marketing. They make MILLIONS AND MILLIONS on those college kids wearing their gear. Even on uniforms they were in games. It's absolutely rediculous. and the bad thing is,,, the college kids think they should be paid for it. HA