College Football Bowl Pick Em - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > College Sports
College Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from college sports.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:36 PM
B&C 180 Class

I realize I'm not doing the "pick 'em" game, but wanted to add something to this conversation... Did anyone see the K-State/Syracuse game played at Yankee Stadium? Basically what happened is a kid caught a pass and ran it in from about 30+yds away. At the end of the play (touchdown) he did this big salute to the crowd and 2 refs flagged him for it. Now, hear me out.... I AM WITH THE REFS! I got so ticked off at those ESPN commentators and the ESPN guys on sportscenter. They said things like "HOW CAN A REF CALL THAT IN THIS BIG GAME?" and "THAT WAS THE STUPIDEST CALL OF THE YEAR" and "THAT REF WILL REGRET EVER THROWING THAT FLAG!" Here's my point.... If you want to talk about stupid... look at the kid who saluted. It is in PLAIN english in the rule book that you cannot do ANY sort of gesture (and saluting is a gesture) towards the crowd, teammate, or other team. HECK the K-State QB even said after the game that they all knew they can't do that in a game!!!! But here we have adults making excuse for college kids. If you ask me, those refs didn't lose that game for K-State, that kid did. PERIOD. He was stupid enough to do something he wasn't supposed to. OH MY, just had a thought.....maybe this is why kids now days act like they do... mom and dad stick up for them even if they commit murder! That kid who saluted said after the game that the ref ran by him and said "WRONG CHOICE BUDDY". and that's exactly RIGHT. it was a CHOICE that kid made and he should be the one feeling like he let his team down. It just really makes me upset with adults stick up for kids when they do something BLATANTLY WRONG.

BTW... i have nothing against saluting.
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 12:45 PM

Tator, I fully agree. Rules are rules. The big problem is refs aren't calling every game the same. I've seen far worse examples by players after that game and no calls. I hate when rules are not enforced equally.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:03 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Tator, I fully agree. Rules are rules. The big problem is refs aren't calling every game the same. I've seen far worse examples by players after that game and no calls. I hate when rules are not enforced equally.

I absolutely agree with you HM. I'm not always on the Ref's side! haha
They need to be more consistant. it's my understanding that the Ref's in Bowl Games aren't always the same refs these teams have during the regular season. They could be from across the country somewhere.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:20 PM

good first half for OSU
Old 01-05-2011, 12:26 AM

can breathe now, those darn HOGS almost took it away. My hats off the the hogs for a great game! OSU needed to win this one.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:27 PM

What if the kid was saluting his armed forces friend or something. Wonder if he would've been flagged if he just waved to somebody.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
problem is those hogs have never played in a big game OSU plays every year, that equals something they may not win all the time but getting there is tougher every year. Delbert, you got a Michigan QB, that doesn't bode well for you. Buckeyes 23, Hogs 17. I may be eating bacon after the game but it's better than crunching down those nasty buckeyes. I'll send you some to try after the game!!!!!

Well you got me HM is we would of made half are catches things would have been the other way
Old 01-05-2011, 07:12 PM

delbert it was a great game. Both sides made enough mistakes to cost them the game. Isn't that what makes college football the best! Now you may want to add some butter to those buckeyes as they can be a bit dry at first then you just learn to love them
Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
delbert it was a great game. Both sides made enough mistakes to cost them the game. Isn't that what makes college football the best! Now you may want to add some butter to those buckeyes as they can be a bit dry at first then you just learn to love them
I thought those were marijuana leaves on there helmets
What are buck eyes ? is that like a black eye pea ?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 PM

Buckeyes are from the buckeye tree. They are fairly good size and are a green spiked outer covered round thing with a inner dark brown solid nut like ball. About the size of a golf ball. Don't eat them as far I know they might make you sick, kinda how the hogs felt.