College Playoffs - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > College Sports
College Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from college sports.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:27 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default College Playoffs

I will be so glad when everyone in College Football sees that the only way we really place the top teams is to have a playoff. I get so tired every year that the West Coast writers take out some of the best teams in the South. Then we have to fight our way up the polls when w should already be there. Then when bowl time rolls around its seems the put some of the better teams playing no names then when we win the just throw us in the mix somewhere. They need to get this crap together so we can see some of the best College Games ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 03:09 PM

It will never be a perfect system. Smaller conferences that go undefeated won't make it to the big game simply because they don't play what we call the big colleges. How do you place say my home town Toledo Rockets, if they went undefeated but were only ranked 15th they would be left out of any major bowl or playoff sysyem. The BCS got the two best teams for the NC bowl this year, I think. Remember back when penn state went undefeated and didn't even share the NC title that was the old pre BCS system, that wasn't fair. Pretty tough to get something perfect. The big problem is college football regular season is over!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:20 PM
B&C 100 Class

I hear ya there Hunting Man. I know there will be a perfect system but they need something. Just wish we knew what it was.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
B&C 100 Class

How about the Buckeye's, 2 looses, playing in a BCS game against Texas. Texas Tech lost once and they are playing Mississippi in the Cotten Bowl. To many polls and computers I think.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:25 PM

you weren't thinking the wolverines should be there??
Old 12-18-2008, 10:25 PM
B&C 100 Class

Heck no, I blead GREEN AND WHITE. I REALLY, NO REAAALLLLYYYY ENJOYED WATCHING THE WOLVERINES STRUGGLE THIS YEAR.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:55 AM

whew that was close! Grean and white you say, oh yea you kept us out of the NC one year scoring like 21 pts in the second half, I remember now! As long as your not for that other team up north you fine by me!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 03:20 AM

A playoff would have to be better at least the high ranked schools would each have shot. Take say the top 6 teams. That ought to keep out most of the lightweights out of it.

Last edited by buckfever; 12-22-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:54 AM

Dear Mr. Buckfever, the problem as I see it is how do you pick the top 6 or 8 to send them to the playoffs? Just like the heisman trophy the BCS is too political anymore to be effective or fair. I am the first to admit that Ohio State has been given the nod when there may have been a better team, however, the system put them there. Everyone seems to think their team deserves a shot. I do agree we need to find a system that is fair for all and somehow get rid of the politics. It would be a shame to make the major bowls less important! They need to be incorporated into the playoff system.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:57 PM

I was just saying go with the top 6 or 8 in the current BCS standings. That way all teams that are close to the best should each get a shot.. It still would not be fair though. Just be better than what we have now I think.

There would still be plenty of griping going on for teams 9 and up. And there would be good teams left out of the playoffs that probably deserved it.

I dont know how to fix and apparently neither does our leaders of the NCAA