Hang on Tree stands - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Classifieds
Classifieds A place to sell your hunting equipment and find your next hunting spot.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:06 PM

bowman99, you using a safety harness? I'm sure I have an extra harness, brand new, laying around if you need one. Be really careful with wooden do it yourself stands, your life depends on it. You know several stores like Menards or Dick's sporting goods, run year end sales around 49.00-59.00 for hang ons as well as ladder stands. I know a person's budget dictates their equipment, just be careful and give your stands good low ground safety checks. The weather will take a toll on them if left up all season. You using treated lumber and good coated deck screws? If you can tell, I get concerned with hunters making wooded hang on tree stands! If you need a harness let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 06:01 PM
B&C 180 Class

Yeah I was going to say something about that pic.. that just doesn't look sturdy to me.. I sure wouldn't sit in that thing much above 2 ft off the ground!
The only reason I built a wooden ladder stand is b/c I knew I could build one that is EXTREMELY sturdy. Plus, I take it down and don't leave it up all winter long (post hunting season). I also ALWAYS wear my harness. ALWAYS ALWAYS!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:57 PM
ronn

Lightbulb RE: Hi Sniglet:I

RE: Hi Sniglet:I can give you the story of two moderate ienomcs that got a divorce about 4 years ago and neither qualified to buy the other out on a $300K Tacoma home .I'd add, whoever gets stuck with the house [even if its not sold and still owned by both] after the divorce gets stuck with the mortgage/tax payments too LOLIf the loan is upside down, it just totally complicates things .I imagine the divorce court can't force the payments on a loss either .what a friggin' mess [the best alternative, don't get married until you can avoid this trap] . Rate this comment: 0 0

Last edited by Ritesh; 04-18-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: 4FQfZNV2zE
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:49 PM

no question there. Safety is everything.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:13 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
i pick up lock ons from wal-mart for $25 post season and understand dick's sporting goods has the same deal. if you add your time into to the cost plus the rating from that group that signs off on tree stands, your better off spending the 25 dollars.

Wish I had these... I got the old fashioned harnesses
Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 PM

The only thing I would change is get rid of the chain and install two heavy duty ratchet draw straps.