NY Hunters get away from crowd (No charge) - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Classifieds
Classifieds A place to sell your hunting equipment and find your next hunting spot.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Scrub Buck

Default NY Hunters get away from crowd (No charge)

I'm looking for a hunter(s) in New York that would like to get away from the crowds and chase some big bucks. I have a few things in storage in Utica, NY. and want them transported to Michigan. I own land in Michigan that has better than average wilderness deer hunting. My great grandfather was a guide in the area and we hunt in the area that was his personal favorite. Deer die of old age up there that never see a human being. The hunting area is roughly 6 square miles. If you're interested email me and I will fill in the details of season dates and locations.

Thanks

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10Ptpost.jpg (49.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 11PtPost.jpg (32.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 8PtLivepost.jpg (42.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 8ptPost.jpg (46.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC1290Post.jpg (43.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 09-23-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 07:21 PM
ronn

Default Free Advertising Sit

Free Advertising Sites in Canada for Real Estate?I'm worried that we won't sell our house in time for the new one being cemelptod. Does anyone know of free sites I could advertise on other than Craigslist or Kijiji? I am located in the Lower Mainland area of British Columbia, Canada.Thank you!

Last edited by Lidia; 04-18-2014 at 01:23 PM. Reason: 7sjbFixdawZP
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:48 PM
B&C 100 Class

Sure wish I lived closer.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:19 AM
B&C 180 Class

interesting in a cryptic kinda way,what exactly ya got in storage ?i wouldnt want to be driving something illegal cross country
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 09-24-2009, 07:46 PM

I second that Joel
Old 09-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Nothing illegal

Good point Joel, The thought of illegal stuff never entered my mind. But, now that you raise the point, it's a legitimate concern. My wife's mom died earlier this year. I moved all the valuable things we ended up with in April. We didn't have room for everything so we rented a storage unit in Utica near her mothers home. There are 4 chairs a couple tables, lamps, some art supplies, etc.. I figure a 5x8 trailer would hold it all. Her brother stored some things also and we were splitting the cost. Well, the brother moved and we are now paying the full amount. So, rather than letting it sit there costing me money, I'd prefer to move it to Michigan where I can store it for free.

Another important point, I live in Hawaii. So, with the time I take off to come and hunt, I do not want to take a few days to move s... stuff.

One of the problems I have is: there are not enough hunters in the area I hunt. Having a few more people would actually help me I think. I hunt with my 16 year old son. And he shot 2 bucks last year. I like to still hunt in a way that is likely to move deer in his direction. But, they have a way of picking door A if you want them to go through door B. With so much land there are too many options for the deer.

So, I was hoping to find someone who: would like an opportunity to hunt away from the crowds, has a truck with a trailer hitch, that lives in central New York, and doesn't mind driving for a unique hunting opportunity. I have taken a lot of nice deer in my life and it wouldn't bother me if I never shoot another one. I think it can be more rewarding to help other people take a nice buck. The photo below is a friend of my cousins. My cousin asked me to take him to one of my spots. On the way there he said, "This is so cool... this area looks so much like there are big bucks here, that it almost doesn't matter if I see any deer. The experience alone is rewarding." He only saw one deer. But he was so thankful, that it was as much fun as shooting it myself. This was the first rifle hunt he had been on. Not a bad start.

One last point. You don't need a 4x4 to get to my cabin, but it helps. The cabin is 6 miles off the paved road and I have seen 12 inches of snow fall over night.

If you need more info let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC1010post.jpg (56.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Scrub Buck

After looking at the post I realized you couldn't see the deer very well. Here's a better photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC1010croppedpost.jpg (52.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-28-2009, 01:13 PM
B&C 180 Class

thanks for clearing that up.sounds like a sweet deal ,unfortunately for me i dont live in central NY and dont have a truck with a hitch,wish i did though.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky