Deer Hunting Forums banner

desperate for deer meat!

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ronn 
#1 ·
Hey folks!

I'm in a predicament! My yellow lab has severe skin allergies and is not allowed to eat any meat except venison and a small amount of chicken. My husband and I are vegetarians and are by no means hunters but we deperately need some venison for the freezer! Our boy has to have it. The problem is we do not know many hunters either. But that doesn't keep our boy from getting hungry! We have asked the few hunters we do know to let us know if we can pay the processing charges if they happen to get too many deer and are willing to let the pup have some of the excess meat from their processor, or if their processor might have some that someone forgot to pick up. Anyone out there able to help us and point us in the right direction? We are more than happy to pay for the processing and pick up the meat at the processor. Is there anyone out there that knows of a processor that may have venison yet to be picked up? We live in the Atlanta area (Acworth, GA) Folks, being a vegetarian, this is a really hard thing for me to have to ask for help on, but I can assure you that Orlando and myself will be eternally grateful to anyone who can help us!:green:

#2 ·
Maybe you ought to post this in the campfire section too for better viewing. If I were closer or knew someone in that area i would love to help. Maybe rename the thread as Attention Georgia Hunters. You can also do an internet search for game meat processors to find some in your area.

#3 ·
It is illegal to sell or ship deer meat.I suggest you go to your local deer butcher and ask him.Or ask the local rod and gun club. Oh and dont mention that being a vegetarian thing.they do love labs tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.