Courageous - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default Courageous

Well once again I have gotten myself to the point where I was too busy to stop and take time to pray and thank God for all He has done for me in my life. I can't tell you how lowly I feel when I realize that I had forgotten to pray to Him for a whole day or two even. The fact that I can't take time out of my day to thank my Creator for making me and for giving me my life, is absolutely as guilty as I can get.

Our church service this morning was centered around Men and how we need to be the center piece of our families. Our church showed the movie "Courageous" about 3 weeks ago and we are now going through 4 weeks of intense Bible study as a Church to bring out the intentions God has for Men. I can't tell you enough how this movie has touched my life guys. If you haven't watched it... I encourage you to do so, with your wife, girlfriend and children. Also- this movie is a GREAT way to invite other couples into your home (Christian couples or not) and then have a time of discussion afterwards. This movie is perfectly fine for children, but kids under 8 or 9 may not find it "interesting".

I would like to start a thread here (this one right here!) based on this movie. What did you think about the movie and how has it effected you and your life? Is your Church or Sunday-school class doing a study on this?

This next Sunday- Father's Day- our Church is having a special time during the main service to have all Men (voluntarily) stand up and say they will make the "RESOLUTION" to keep God the center of their lives. There is a document that we are going to sign and the Church is going to frame it for all the Men who do this. --watch the movie and you'll understand what the Resolution is.

God has helped me through so much in my life and I can't thank Him enough for it. I feel incredibly guilty when I don't pray to Him often enough.

I want to leave you with this- it is a verse in a song that all of you know (Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone- version) and absolutely makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up every time I hear it. It makes my eyes almost water and my mind and heart is filled with ultimate joy of that day when we are in Heaven with Jesus! Here it is:

"The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
the sun, forbear to shine,
But God, who called me here below,
Will be forever mine,
Will be forever mine,
You are forever, mine."