Who is the 5th most important Christian? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Who is the 5th most important Christian?

Who is the 5th most important Christian? What would be your vote?

Most people would probably agree that Jesus himself is the most important Christian, as Christ himself, the Son of God, who atoned for our sins with his infinite sacrifice.

In second place is probably St. Paul, who practically single handedly spread Christianity to Asia Minor and Greece, from which it spread eventually to the rest of Europe.

In third is probably St. Luke who wrote his gospel and also Acts.

In fourth is probably St. John for his gospel and for Revelation.

But what about 5th?

I think in 5th belongs to the Emperor Constantine, who saw a vision much like St Paul had, and then from his vision he painted crosses on all his soldiers' shields. After winning the battle and re-conquering all of the Roman Empire, he then established Christianity as the Roman religion and made Christ the Lord and God of the Romans as well.

What do others think? Who should occupy 5th as the most important Christians?
Old 05-19-2012, 01:53 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but I have no idea who #5 should be. You do have a great insight into the history.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Scrub Buck

History tells us how The Good Book came about.

It also tells us how it survived.

Without Constantine the religion may not have survived at all.

Constantine's story about the vision, similar to St Paul's, and what happened afterwards, is somewhat reminiscent of the stories in Daniel in the Bible. And we read about it in history, not in the Bible.

It looks very much like Jesus chose Constantine similar to St. Paul. Both of them have had a huge impact on Christianity, the same as Jesus himself.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:02 AM
B&C 140 Class

Perhaps the next person who leads someone to Jesus should be number 5.
Then the next and the next. The only ones who do the number thing are us as human beings! IMHO it is important but again is it?
daddus
Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 PM

I think the number should stop at 1.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 AM
B&C 120 Class

I also think the numbering should stop at 1. Besides Christ himself, everyone else is just a nither human. The highest calling any Christian can have is to do what God would have for that individual. Our way of :judging greatness" is vastly different from Gods. If you are following Gods will, that is what matters, no matter how great your work appears to your fellow man.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:02 PM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
History tells us how The Good Book came about.

It also tells us how it survived.

Without Constantine the religion may not have survived at all.

Constantine's story about the vision, similar to St Paul's, and what happened afterwards, is somewhat reminiscent of the stories in Daniel in the Bible. And we read about it in history, not in the Bible.

It looks very much like Jesus chose Constantine similar to St. Paul. Both of them have had a huge impact on Christianity, the same as Jesus himself.
I interpret History different from you concerning Constantine. From what I have studied - Constantine took on the "Christian faith" purely for political reasons. With this "faith", he did not merely stengthen an already existing religeon but he took what he liked and started an entirely new religion which became known as Catholicsim (Roman Catholics). This was a blend of Christianity and Politics. This new system was not tolerant of Christians that opposed Rome and worked tirelessly to eliminate them.

Also to state that Christianity would not have survived without one mans decisions minimizes God.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:31 PM
B&C 180 Class

Christ is #1 and if you ask all those great Christians who you listed above, they would not want you to list them next to Christ. Jesus stands alone. I like HM's repsonse and I like Daddus' response about anyone leading another to Christ is doing something so Christ-like that they may spend a brief moment at #2.

Our goal as Christians is to be Christ-like, it is not to compare ourselves to Christ. I think when we start trying to do that, we get to the point where we think we ARE Christ. That's a scary place to be, because Jesus will quickly remind you that you are NOT Him and that no other name stands before or next to Him.

HE is supreme.
HE is in power.
HE is our LORD.
HE is the ONLY God.
HE loves everyone the exact SAME.
HE alone is AWESOME!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:43 PM
B&C 140 Class

tator, I think you hit the nail on the head with that.I would say all christains would be #2 "if a # is needed" He "JESUS" loves us all the same no matter the level of our faith.