Deer Hunting Forums banner

prayer req

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  hunt NH 
#1 ·
i have been having major shoulder issues for the last 6 weeks, so bad i cant sleep. literally might get an hour or two a night. iv been to the VA for it twice for it. they have done nothing other than give me pain pills, and muscle relaxers that dont even "take the edge off." so this is a three part prayer request. first i would like you to pray that the VA gets off there (word i cant use) and actualy trys to figure out what is wrong with my shoulder. second that my shoulder starts feeling better. and third that all the morons out there would stop wanting government health care, cause really its a joke. i really need to get some sleep. im so aggravated about it i just unloaded a profanity laced gripe fest about it on my FB page.

#2 ·
Hunt,
I can"t say I understand because I don't, probably the frustation is as bad as the actual pain.
At some churches, mine included, you can go forward and be prayed over
for healing. It's worth a shot but when I go forward it never happens instantly there is usually a time frame, which I don't like, til it happens.
If you have tried all else go to the Great Physician, nothing to lose but the pain.
In the meanwhile I will continue to pray for you all day long til I hear different for you Hunt.
daddus

#4 ·
just got phone call from the VA. the orthopedic clinic finally got my referral sent to them. they can see me in another 3 weeks. i practically begged them to see me sooner. told them that i wasent even able to sleep because of this. they told me there was noting they could do to speed it up. i asked them if i could sit in there waiting room in hopes that someone no showed for an apt so i could take there time slot. was told NO "we are not that busy so that plan would not work for you". to say i went ballistic would be an understatement. so again another profanity laced post on face book. i am fighting mad.

thanks for the prayers guys. i really am in need of them.

#5 ·
Have you tried like the over the counter joint meds like osteo biflex or the cheaper gluecostamine condroytin pills, "spelling not right" wife still takes them and will swear by them for joint issues.
I fell for ya, I know how it is. I have been dealing with migraine headaches since my multiple skull fracture back in 2001.

#6 ·
Hunt, I hope you can find some relief. Just to share your pain some: After my pool accident I went 30 years in pain before having neck surgery. Well it didn't work as the pain is pretty nasty. On bad days it feels like someone is slowly driving a railroad spike through my back between the neck and right shoulder blade then blowing out my forehead. On good days just pain. I sleep 2-4 hours at best. Pain medicine is the only way I get through the really bad times so I wouldn't fight taking them when you need to. There are medicines that go after the nerve endings and shots that will give you several months of decent pain relief. The shots are not fun but they do work for a few months. I put in a hot tub to help with pain and to keep the muscles loose, helps a little. One thing that does work is a hot steam sauna. Find one somewhere and sit it for 45 minutes at 150-165* with lots of water on the rocks and you will get some decent relief. Again these are trial by need methods for me and maybe help you with some ideas for long term pain management. For those who never experience major pain issues feel blessed, for those of us that deal with it everyday, we have to learn to deal with it. I have learned to limit my activities on the bad days and just know there will be a better day ahead to do what I need to do. Best wishes to you Hunt NH.

#7 ·
Well huntnh... at least they told you 3 weeks and not 3 months! Look at the bright side....

My grandmother had hip replacement surgery about 10 years ago and right around last thanksgiving she started having HORRIBLE pain in her hip. She went to the doc and they thought it was the hip replacement gone bad. Well time went on and on and finally they said it was that muscle there on your hip that had separated (OUCH)- makes me cringe even talking about it. Long story short,,, it was going to be like 3+ months before she could even get refered to the correct doc to look at her to see if she needed surgery. Well FINALLY, about 2 weeks ago, she got her appointment sent up for surgery and it was going to be ANOTHER MONTH later... well about 1 week ago, her pain absolutely went away. She had so many people praying for her and loving her that God made the pain go away. She's still going to have the surgery- only if she needs it. But as of today, with NO TREATMENT at all, she was at a 10 on the pain scale and now she's at a 0. BTW, she's 89 years old and still could kick my butt. LOL

Brother- believe in the power of prayer!

#8 ·
I hear you NH I have had serious shoulder pain in the left rotator cuff for awhile. At the point where the wind will get knocked out of me when I lift or even move certain ways. At times I wake up at night holding my arm close to my chest writhing in pain. Prayers sent for you man.

#9 ·
ok, so i have calmed down a bunch. the weird thing is that the pain is worst when im relaxed. i can work all day without the pain being above about 4 on the 1-10 scale. its when the shoulder relaxes that the pain gets intense. hence why im not sleeping. any way now that iv been up a wile the pain has gone away for the most part. but of coarse it will be right back tonight. any way i am blessed as to who i am friends with. one of my friends wife's is the patient advocate at the VA hospital i go to. i talked to him, and she is going to see what she can do to speed up the process, and get me all the necessary pain meds to deal with it untill i see the orthopedic speshalist. will keep you guys up on how its going thanks for the prayers.

#10 ·
Hunt, I feel your pain bro. Have alot of it myself. busted back 16yrs ago,torn rotator cuff and tendon damage in same arm.Some days I cant even walk and pain meds or like tic tacs. Will be sending you prayers and hope the docs hurry up and help ya. What did you do to your shoulder?

#11 · (Edited)
i dident do anything to it. just started hurting one night. i did injer it wile in the Army, but for the last several years it has only acted up every now and then, and not for more than one day at a time. the thing that had me the maddest was the fact that they "could not get me in for 3 weeks" but when i asked them if i could sit in there waiting room so see if someone no showed they told me "we are not that busy". thats what sent me off the deep end this morning.

#12 ·
huntnh, I hope they figure out whats wrong and find a way to help you, nothing sucks more than having to go through life in pain on a daily basis.

#13 ·
I feel we all missed the point here,first Nh i hope you get better with a permanent neck injury i know its not fun to be in pain.Secondly this is a another shining example of our vets being treated like ...t.Gotta love this country but if become a drug addict and a thief like my cousin they will get you an apartment rent free,give your child free daycare while you attend free college.What the hell is goin on these days.:ranting:

#14 ·
I agree with spiker.. our country has been going down the pooper for awhile, but ESPECIALLY so the past 3 years. Anyone notice how Obama always wants to fix problems by taking away privledges from hard working Americans (including vets) but NEVER away from illegals or scumbag-non-working lazy welfare people who just love getting other people's money.

You also hit the nail on the head spiker with the "free" stuff. An individual,, **correction** a WHOLE FAMILY can live "free of charge" and have a pretty comfortable life. Remember when people used to hide the fact they were on welfare or food stamps? Not anymore, they flaunt those free-bes like they are the smartest people on the face of the earth. And it's all because we have a president who allows it because that's where his votes come from.

Think about it in this perspective.... Obama is actually very very smart in one regard... he has realized that if he spoon feeds America that OVER HALF of our population will GLADLY take it and then vote for him. Thus, the "WORKING CLASS" America is dying. We are the minority. That's why we'll probably have the same idiot in office for 4 more years. Yes, America is that dumb and idiotic to vote for him again. For NO reason other than "he's a good man". Well just because he "HELPS" people financially doesn't make him a good person. If it were HIS MONEY he was helping others with, heck yes, I'd say he's a terrific individual... NO, he controls our hard earned money to pay the lazy and useless. That's the fact.

Don't even get me started on his morals....

#15 ·
had to go back the the hospital last night. pain became too much to bear. saw the same doc that up untill last night i was very happy with. (the one who gave me the consult to the orthopedic) any way, i told him streaght up that i was in a tremedous amount of pain, and that the ortho could not see me till the 14th. i told him that the reason i was back this time was to get pain meds to "get me through" to the appt with the ortho. he told me that the 14th was not that far away. i told him when your in this much pain and not sleeping because of it, 3 weeks seems like forever. he reluctantly gave me vicoden to get me through to the appt. wile i am happy that he was the one to properly diagnose this issue, and get the ball rolling on getting it actualy fixed, i was much less than impressed with his attitude last night.

#16 ·
alost forgot the reason i had to go back to the ER to get the pills. Monday i called my primary care doc at the VA to request pain pills to get me through to the ortho appt. tuesday they the nurse calls me back and says the doc wont write it without seeing me and evaluating the injury her self. i told her that this was BS, that the med records of me being in the ER twice, and having an appt should be enough to prove i had a legit injury to require pain meds. again she told me the doc had to see me herself to write the script. i explained to her in a raised voice (but not yelling and no cussing) that the exact meds i was requesting, the VA had me on for years, and that I, not the VA had taken myself off of them. that since then i had turned down these meds on a regular basis, as well as i have turned down oxy cotton. that i understood that they must have people calling them all the time looking for drugs, but that this was not the case with me. that i is clearly written in my med records that all this was true, and that when someone with my background, and history of turning down these types of meds calls and asks for them, that i am not looking for drugs, i am looking for some type of pain re-leaf. she told me "lets not make this personal, its not about you" the doc just has her rules about writing scripts. i told her it was BS, and that this was personal. that someone like me should not have to jump through a to of hoops to get some type of pain relefe for the next three weeks. ( oh ya the reason i consitter having to she her to get the pain meds was because the only appt she could get me was at the same time as a meeting at work that i absolutely could not miss). so ya i had to go to the ER to get the meds.

#17 ·
well. just keeping you guys up to date on this. with all the meds they got me on (from the ER, still no help from my primary care doc.) i am generally getting about 5 to 6 hrs of sleep a night. still waking up in a ton of pain, but at-least im getting more than a 1/2 hr to an hr a night right now. im going to end up having to go back to the ER for more meds in the next few days because im about to run out, but that should not be an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.