prayer req - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default prayer req

i have been having major shoulder issues for the last 6 weeks, so bad i cant sleep. literally might get an hour or two a night. iv been to the VA for it twice for it. they have done nothing other than give me pain pills, and muscle relaxers that dont even "take the edge off." so this is a three part prayer request. first i would like you to pray that the VA gets off there (word i cant use) and actualy trys to figure out what is wrong with my shoulder. second that my shoulder starts feeling better. and third that all the morons out there would stop wanting government health care, cause really its a joke. i really need to get some sleep. im so aggravated about it i just unloaded a profanity laced gripe fest about it on my FB page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 08:41 AM
B&C 140 Class

Hunt,
I can"t say I understand because I don't, probably the frustation is as bad as the actual pain.
At some churches, mine included, you can go forward and be prayed over
for healing. It's worth a shot but when I go forward it never happens instantly there is usually a time frame, which I don't like, til it happens.
If you have tried all else go to the Great Physician, nothing to lose but the pain.
In the meanwhile I will continue to pray for you all day long til I hear different for you Hunt.
daddus
Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 AM
B&C 180 Class

Prayers sent brother
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 AM
B&C 160 Class

just got phone call from the VA. the orthopedic clinic finally got my referral sent to them. they can see me in another 3 weeks. i practically begged them to see me sooner. told them that i wasent even able to sleep because of this. they told me there was noting they could do to speed it up. i asked them if i could sit in there waiting room in hopes that someone no showed for an apt so i could take there time slot. was told NO "we are not that busy so that plan would not work for you". to say i went ballistic would be an understatement. so again another profanity laced post on face book. i am fighting mad.

thanks for the prayers guys. i really am in need of them.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:13 PM
B&C 140 Class

Have you tried like the over the counter joint meds like osteo biflex or the cheaper gluecostamine condroytin pills, "spelling not right" wife still takes them and will swear by them for joint issues.
I fell for ya, I know how it is. I have been dealing with migraine headaches since my multiple skull fracture back in 2001.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:12 PM

Hunt, I hope you can find some relief. Just to share your pain some: After my pool accident I went 30 years in pain before having neck surgery. Well it didn't work as the pain is pretty nasty. On bad days it feels like someone is slowly driving a railroad spike through my back between the neck and right shoulder blade then blowing out my forehead. On good days just pain. I sleep 2-4 hours at best. Pain medicine is the only way I get through the really bad times so I wouldn't fight taking them when you need to. There are medicines that go after the nerve endings and shots that will give you several months of decent pain relief. The shots are not fun but they do work for a few months. I put in a hot tub to help with pain and to keep the muscles loose, helps a little. One thing that does work is a hot steam sauna. Find one somewhere and sit it for 45 minutes at 150-165* with lots of water on the rocks and you will get some decent relief. Again these are trial by need methods for me and maybe help you with some ideas for long term pain management. For those who never experience major pain issues feel blessed, for those of us that deal with it everyday, we have to learn to deal with it. I have learned to limit my activities on the bad days and just know there will be a better day ahead to do what I need to do. Best wishes to you Hunt NH.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 PM
B&C 180 Class

Well huntnh... at least they told you 3 weeks and not 3 months! Look at the bright side....

My grandmother had hip replacement surgery about 10 years ago and right around last thanksgiving she started having HORRIBLE pain in her hip. She went to the doc and they thought it was the hip replacement gone bad. Well time went on and on and finally they said it was that muscle there on your hip that had separated (OUCH)- makes me cringe even talking about it. Long story short,,, it was going to be like 3+ months before she could even get refered to the correct doc to look at her to see if she needed surgery. Well FINALLY, about 2 weeks ago, she got her appointment sent up for surgery and it was going to be ANOTHER MONTH later... well about 1 week ago, her pain absolutely went away. She had so many people praying for her and loving her that God made the pain go away. She's still going to have the surgery- only if she needs it. But as of today, with NO TREATMENT at all, she was at a 10 on the pain scale and now she's at a 0. BTW, she's 89 years old and still could kick my butt. LOL

Brother- believe in the power of prayer!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:59 PM

I hear you NH I have had serious shoulder pain in the left rotator cuff for awhile. At the point where the wind will get knocked out of me when I lift or even move certain ways. At times I wake up at night holding my arm close to my chest writhing in pain. Prayers sent for you man.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:21 PM
B&C 160 Class

ok, so i have calmed down a bunch. the weird thing is that the pain is worst when im relaxed. i can work all day without the pain being above about 4 on the 1-10 scale. its when the shoulder relaxes that the pain gets intense. hence why im not sleeping. any way now that iv been up a wile the pain has gone away for the most part. but of coarse it will be right back tonight. any way i am blessed as to who i am friends with. one of my friends wife's is the patient advocate at the VA hospital i go to. i talked to him, and she is going to see what she can do to speed up the process, and get me all the necessary pain meds to deal with it untill i see the orthopedic speshalist. will keep you guys up on how its going thanks for the prayers.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:01 PM
B&C 140 Class

Hunt, I feel your pain bro. Have alot of it myself. busted back 16yrs ago,torn rotator cuff and tendon damage in same arm.Some days I cant even walk and pain meds or like tic tacs. Will be sending you prayers and hope the docs hurry up and help ya. What did you do to your shoulder?