Deer Hunting Forums banner

American Idol wants less Christian references

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  daddus1 
#1 ·
#2 ·
HECK YES! I know you all have given me crap about watching this show- and honestly I haven't really been keeping up with it much this year. Colton is one of the better singers on the show. I call him skunk-hair b/c I can't remember his name half the time.

Whatever happened to religious freedom? It's a shame that A.I. wants to stay away from anything religion oriented b/c someday they will have to answer to God all Mighty on why they asked him to do that. Glad it's not me that has to answer that Q.

#4 ·
HECK YES! I know you all have given me crap about watching this show- and honestly I haven't really been keeping up with it much this year. Colton is one of the better singers on the show. I call him skunk-hair b/c I can't remember his name half the time.

Whatever happened to religious freedom? It's a shame that A.I. wants to stay away from anything religion oriented b/c someday they will have to answer to God all Mighty on why they asked him to do that. Glad it's not me that has to answer that Q.
you aint kiddin,I know I have plenty to answer for already. Never liked that show anyway.Ive only ever watched the start when they show all the people that cant carry a tune in a bucket,or do the stupid & funny stuff. Like the old dude "pants on the ground"

#3 ·
American idol is having a problem with Christian references? Now isn't that just to darn bad. I hope this becomes a great big issue for them or maybe they don't want Christian money! Let's see 40 to 50 million votes a week at a buck a vote?
Plus all the others, really!
I was not a Tebow fan for the longest time but the man wears his Christianity on his sleeve, it is about time for us to put on our Christian outfits and start making some noise!
If American idol continues this verbal assault perhaps they don't need me to watch their very secular program.
daddus

#6 ·
haha that old fart was hilarious!
I have actually stopped watching A.I. so much... It just isn't that good anymore. I do like the girl who is fake-baked orange who sings mostly country and there's a guy on there with a mow-hawk that is a truely good singer.

Just a head up for those of you who watch this show--- DVR it and then watch it. A 2 hour show will literally take you about 25 min to watch.

#8 ·
Last Wednesday night Colton sang the song "Lighthouse". As far as I'm concerned that is a great Christian song. The people who run idol are clueless
about what they complain about. They refuse to see or hear!!!!
daddus
And guess what, it didn't hurt their ratings at all!
Well I guess God is still in charge, and just wait for the change!!!

#9 ·
Did you see the next night when they said that "Colton got too 'emotional' singing that song". ummmm, when you are a Christian like this young man, singing to your Lord and Savior, why not show how much you love Him? Those were GENUINE tears, not "made for TV".

#11 ·
I'm sort of glad that Colton apologized for his performances on Wed night... not for the fact that he did bad or anything, but that he was NOT himself. If you watched, he sang lady gaga's "bad romance" which is NOT a christian song and this lady is influencing million upon millions of young people to be "different" in a bad way. To look at life and accept EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING for the way that it is.... We all know what this "includes". She is in a great spot to influence, it's just unfortunate that she is doing the absolute wrong thing with her time in fame.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with allowing kids grow up to be who they want to be and do what they want to do (within reason)... But when you start influencing kids that ANY and I stress ANY way of life is O.K. .... that's crossing the line.

#13 ·
Exactly what I was trying to say! As long as he stays grounded, I think he'll be a fantastic musician and singer. I personally would like to hear and see him go into Christian Music. If not that's ok, but making sure he stays positive and lyric-clean.

There are TONS of singers out there who are good clean singers, but they are not "Christian" singers persay. A good example is Sarah Evans. She's actually form a small town in Missouri called New Franklin... about 35 minutes away from where I live... Sarah always stays positive in her songs, and even though she does sing some love songs, they are appropriate for teenagers and young adults to hear. She will not cuss in her songs and she will not sing about drinking or cheating or anything else.

Another example is Will Smith. He was sort of a rapper/R & B guy. I'm not sure if he still does this, but at one time, all his songs were curse-word free. Even his movies for awhile were that way. He refused to cuss b/c of his children and because of the example he wants to set. I THINK, however, he has gone away from that... at least in the movies... Not sure he does any singing anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.