American Idol wants less Christian references - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:46 PM

Default American Idol wants less Christian references

Colton Dixon from Murfreesboro Tenn., an American Idol contestant was asked to tone down his Christian references...

Now I think there's a need to increase his religious references, don't ya'll agree?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 02:14 PM
B&C 180 Class

HECK YES! I know you all have given me crap about watching this show- and honestly I haven't really been keeping up with it much this year. Colton is one of the better singers on the show. I call him skunk-hair b/c I can't remember his name half the time.

Whatever happened to religious freedom? It's a shame that A.I. wants to stay away from anything religion oriented b/c someday they will have to answer to God all Mighty on why they asked him to do that. Glad it's not me that has to answer that Q.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
B&C 140 Class

American idol is having a problem with Christian references? Now isn't that just to darn bad. I hope this becomes a great big issue for them or maybe they don't want Christian money! Let's see 40 to 50 million votes a week at a buck a vote?
Plus all the others, really!
I was not a Tebow fan for the longest time but the man wears his Christianity on his sleeve, it is about time for us to put on our Christian outfits and start making some noise!
If American idol continues this verbal assault perhaps they don't need me to watch their very secular program.
daddus
Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
HECK YES! I know you all have given me crap about watching this show- and honestly I haven't really been keeping up with it much this year. Colton is one of the better singers on the show. I call him skunk-hair b/c I can't remember his name half the time.

Whatever happened to religious freedom? It's a shame that A.I. wants to stay away from anything religion oriented b/c someday they will have to answer to God all Mighty on why they asked him to do that. Glad it's not me that has to answer that Q.
you aint kiddin,I know I have plenty to answer for already. Never liked that show anyway.Ive only ever watched the start when they show all the people that cant carry a tune in a bucket,or do the stupid & funny stuff. Like the old dude "pants on the ground"
Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
you aint kiddin,I know I have plenty to answer for already. Never liked that show anyway.Ive only ever watched the start when they show all the people that cant carry a tune in a bucket,or do the stupid & funny stuff. Like the old dude "pants on the ground"
OMG I loved that "pants on the ground" tune, I sing it every time i go to the mall and see those fools wearing their "pants on the ground". LOL

Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 AM
B&C 180 Class

haha that old fart was hilarious!
I have actually stopped watching A.I. so much... It just isn't that good anymore. I do like the girl who is fake-baked orange who sings mostly country and there's a guy on there with a mow-hawk that is a truely good singer.

Just a head up for those of you who watch this show--- DVR it and then watch it. A 2 hour show will literally take you about 25 min to watch.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:41 PM
B&C 140 Class

[QUOTE=tator;68784]haha that old fart was hilarious!
there's a guy on there with a mow-hawk that is a truely good singer.

QUOTE]
Thats him the post is about
Old 03-30-2012, 12:43 PM
B&C 140 Class

Last Wednesday night Colton sang the song "Lighthouse". As far as I'm concerned that is a great Christian song. The people who run idol are clueless
about what they complain about. They refuse to see or hear!!!!
daddus
And guess what, it didn't hurt their ratings at all!
Well I guess God is still in charge, and just wait for the change!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 AM
B&C 180 Class

Did you see the next night when they said that "Colton got too 'emotional' singing that song". ummmm, when you are a Christian like this young man, singing to your Lord and Savior, why not show how much you love Him? Those were GENUINE tears, not "made for TV".
Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 PM
B&C 140 Class

Wink

Well Colton got eliminated from idol tonight and it was an AWESOME Christian song he departed with! Way to go kid, wear your cross on your sleeve!
How did you like that tone down, Idol????
daddus
God is still in charge!