Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Christian Corner (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/christian-corner/)
-   -   I dont know (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/christian-corner/9250-i-dont-know.html)

hunt NH 02-05-2012 04:01 AM

I dont know

:zzz::zzz:

Hellbilly 02-05-2012 09:54 PM

still stuck in a rut.aint found a church we like yet,and basicly quite looking:wallbash:

hunt NH 02-05-2012 11:19 PM

na that's not what it was about. but i got no responses to it in close to 24 hrs, so i deleted the post. wasent something i just wanted to leave out there forever. but the more i think about it, even though it seems totally irrelevant, i think finding the right church is the answer to the problem.

tator 02-06-2012 08:43 AM

hunt nh... sorry brother, I didn't even get on a computer this weekend or else I would've responded! Not sure what the post said, but from the two posts by you and hellbilly it sounds like church-finding related.
What I've come to notice is that not every church is right for everyone. Hellbilly- I would discourage you to stop searching for a church. I know this process can be long and drawn-out, but God will reward you once you find that good fit. I say "good fit" because every church is going to have it's flaws. I think too many times we get caught up trying to find that church with the perfect pastor, perfect congregation, perfect santuary, perfect music...etc. The main purpose of church is to focus our time on Jesus Christ and everything he's done for us. It's a time for worship and also a time for fellowship with other Christians. Yes, you can be a Christian and not go to church, BUT I do not believe that's what God wants. He wants you to be a part of a worship family. He wants you to have brothers and sisters in Christ. Belonging to a church is a special relationship that many people don't have.
Remember, everyone that goes to church are human beings. They are not perfect. Yes, you'll get strange looks, yes you'll feel uneasy at first, but give them a chance. Give them the opportunity to get to know you. Sometimes the new person has to be willing to bend a little in order to find that connection in a church. Don't let one or two people ruin your chance at a particular church. In my short 31 years on this earth, I have learned that not everyone acts like they look. Some people I work with I thought were going to be complete mean people, but they are the exact opposite. Sometimes your instincts are correct about people, but not always.
I also encourage you when you're looking for a church to talk to the pastor. Find out his beliefs and what he views as true Christianity. Find out the reason he became a pastor and the his goals for the church. After all, you are at the church to learn and if the pastor doesn't preach the word, then it's definately time to find another church or continue looking.

My real question is this hellbilly- and this is coming from your Christian Brother... Are you praying about your church search? and more importantly... are you trying to find a church perfect for you, or the perfect church God has planned for you?

The thing you have to remember is this... sometimes God puts us in situations (even joining a church) where we're uncomfortable because he needs us to work there. He needs our help there and maybe we've gone through something in our lives that can help others at that church. I urge you, please do not stop looking. Do not stop praying about your church search because God will steer you in the right direction, I promise!

Hunting Man 02-06-2012 10:47 AM

I know this doesn't sit well with most of you but I do not attend church. Don't know really why but over the years I've come to believe strongly in God and find that being outdoors puts us close together sorta my religion I guess. I've said it before believing doesn't take a roof, because it comes from the heart and soul of a person. I certainly have nothing against church as many of my family attends but seems whenever a pastor that's worth a hoot leaves in a few years and then the church falls apart. This is one reason that I find my own way through all the hard times is having a good one on one with the big guy! Maybe the future will send me another direction??

daddus1 02-06-2012 01:26 PM

Hunt and HB,
just a thought from the Word.
" Until now you have not asked for anything in My name. Ask and you will receive and your joy will be complete" John 16:24 NIV
When we ask of God in Jesus name something that is alligned with His
thinking He will grant it. But maybe not right away!
If God leads you to it, He will see you through it!
Maybe, and this usually happens to me, God is trying to show me something while I'm on my journey to the new adventure.
God Bless
ybiC
daddus

tator 02-06-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunting Man (Post 67459)
I know this doesn't sit well with most of you but I do not attend church. Don't know really why but over the years I've come to believe strongly in God and find that being outdoors puts us close together sorta my religion I guess. I've said it before believing doesn't take a roof, because it comes from the heart and soul of a person. I certainly have nothing against church as many of my family attends but seems whenever a pastor that's worth a hoot leaves in a few years and then the church falls apart. This is one reason that I find my own way through all the hard times is having a good one on one with the big guy! Maybe the future will send me another direction??

HM- this is what I believe and the reason I go to church... I do like that you have a relationship with Christ!

Acts 2:42
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostlesí teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals including the Lordís Supper, and to prayer.

1 John 1:3
We proclaim to you what we ourselves have actually seen and heard so that you may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

1 John 1:7
But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

Hunting Man 02-06-2012 03:47 PM

Tator, seems that we have to find our way to the light one way or another. maybe in the end the path will matter? Only one knows for sure.

Hellbilly 02-06-2012 09:41 PM

problem is with my church is the old people run it.They dont want to do anything and will squish anything we try to get going.All they want to do is show up and sleep and not to be bothered:zzz:. A few of us tried to get a youth ministry going,they didnt like that to much trouble:surprised:.so it went away.We have not had a work weekend in 1.5yrs. Mens study group went south.We used to have open BBQs to get locals there to talk to them and hope to get some in church.Several familys left when they were told childerns church was to much of a problem.They hired a new pastor and thats a story in its self. He has made comments and statements that or way off. He can talk for 30min and I could not for the life of me tell you what he said,going all over the place,but not saying anything if ya know what I mean.One of the decons left a note on the windshield of a co-worker that the wife had been talking to and finely got them there.that was there first and last sunday because of what the note said.they just said this is why we never went and wont come back.church is full of hipocrits.The note said this is MY parking space so dont park here again.very nice to say to first timers. This is just the tip of the iceburg,I could go on and on. This is why Im looking. Also how do ya feel about a gay deacon? another story:crazy::wallbash:

tator 02-07-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunting Man (Post 67467)
Tator, seems that we have to find our way to the light one way or another. maybe in the end the path will matter? Only one knows for sure.

True.... but the Bible is very clear in stating that God wants us to be in fellowship with one another.. to hold each other accountable... and to establish and grow relationships with others in Christ's name.

Like I said, I'm not knocking what you're doing... I'm merely stating my beliefs. I believe (and was raised up) that God wants us to attend church on a regular basis. He wants us to have that family in His name. He also wants us to be part of a church because it gives us the opportunity to witness His name to others who are lost.

Now... I don't go to church 7 days a week. Typically, I only go on Sunday mornings. My family and I are extremely busy to go on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights. Occasionally we'll go on those evenings, but not every week. But out of 52 weeks a year, I'm in church learning and growing at least 50 of them.