Deer Hunting Forums banner

Christmas Spirit

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  hunt NH 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I wanted to post another Christmas themed post this year in our Christian section but I was unsure of what to write about.
I decided to write about what I am thankful for and the reason I am thankful. First of all, I am obviously thankful that God sent His Son down here to this earth to die on the cross for our sins. He didn't just send Him down to earth, but made him a child born of a virgin. The reason He did this is to show the world how pure He is. He is a miracle in itself. Just the same as Mary gave birth to Him as a virgin! This time of year, I love hearing the song "Mary did you know?". One of the verses in the song goes "Mary did you know, that your baby boy, would one day rule the world?" We may have presidents, governors, law enforcement, bosses, etc... but Jesus is our supreme ruler. He is the one in charge.
Secondly I am thankful for my family-- not my wife and kids yet... but the family I had growing up. My mother and father were and are still both great Christians. Growing up, I looked up to my father especially and wanted to be just like him. He didn't cuss, he didn't smoke, he didn't drink and he was a diligent worker. He could and still can fix ANYTHING. He ceases to amaze me. My mother always amazed me too because no matter how bad the thing I did she always forgave me. Her love for me was unconditional and that is my most greatest memory of her growing up and that love is still there today. My brother and sister and I had plenty of "arguments" and battles growing up. We were spaced out in age enough where I was the youngest and my brother was 6 years older than I was. We didn't really have a close bond growing up but as adults we do. I am thankful for that. My sister was closer to me in age, only 4 years older but being of the opposite sex, I didn't really mesh well with her either growing up. However, as adults our relationship has grown closer and closer together. I am thankful for a loving Christian home to grow up in. Just the fact of being able to grow up in the home I was able to grow up in is awesome. I know there are kids and adults out there today that wish their home life was as good as mine was. We weren't rich my any means, but we had a love that no one could break. My parents were level-headed Christians with a NO-nonsense attitude. They know the right from the wrong and they made sure us kids knew it too.
The thrid thing I am thankful for this Christmas season is my family now. My wife, my son and my daughter. I can honestly say my life is greater now than it ever has been. I cherish every minute I get to play with my kids and everytime I get to talk to my wife. She is not only my wife she is my best friend. I know alot of people who marry and their marriage isn't a friendship as well. I can tell my wife anything and discuss anything and we are both easy to approach. We have a love for each other that is unconditional and no one can break it apart. There is never any worry about lying or cheating or any other action that could tear us apart. I truely have found my soulmate. My son reminds me alot of myself growing up. That boy can play basketball and baseball 24/7 if you let him. I loved those two sports growing up myself. He's only 3 1/2, but he's already daddy's little helper. The very thought of not having him makes my heart hurt. He's the best little boy a daddy could have. My little girl is still very young, a baby, but she's got the best personality and is giggly all the time. I can tell she's going to give her older brother a run for his money when she gets older.
Finally, I of course am very thankful for a good job that is flexible and for co-workers who I enjoy being around. I am thankful for my wife having a good job and being happy at what she does. I am thankful for our health and our house and so many other things that God has given us the ability to have. I try each day, to take nothing for granted. I try to thank God for giving me all I have and for making me the husband, son, daddy that I am. I try to do my best because I know the Lord above is watching.

And to think, all of this is possible because of one event over 2,000 years ago. JESUS CHRIST's birth! He was sent here from heaven above, born of a virgin, and His sole purpose was to ultimately die on the cross for our sins. HE DIED FOR US! If that doesn't fill your heart with love, then you're empty and the Lord God Almighty will fill you up. Trust me when I say this, if you feel depressed, down on your luck, like nothing is going your way and you're searching for answers... look to Jesus. But don't do it expecting to find the answer 5 minutes later. Jesus answers all prayers, but in HIS time, not ours. So many people get frustrated or mad at Him for not answering quickly. God does not use the same time table we have. He uses HIS. The other thing you have to remember is when you pray for something, the answer may be "no". Pray to Him if you're lost, He will guide you through. One question that He will ALWAYS say "YES" to is "LORD WILL YOU HELP ME?". Ask for His love and you will recieve it, but He doesn't want to just help you once,,, He wants to help you the rest of your life! He wants to be your #1! And most importantly, He wants a relationship with YOU! Email me if you have any questions or want to talk about Jesus and His wonderful gift to you.

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you!

tay44lor@gmail.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year back to you Tator! I like your Christmas post. As family passes on new babies are brought in to strengthen the family where a void was. I can't bring back those so close and that have passed but I look at the granddaughter and know all my blessings are God's work and will always there if we choose to receive them! Family that's what truly matters. Happy Holidays everyone from HM!

#5 ·
Merry CHRISTmas Tator.

I can echo of alot of what you posted. I also grew up in a strong Christian home with Parents to guide me and my three brothers. I am also thankful for both sets of Grandparents who raised my parents in strong Christian homes.

The world we live in is constantly changing and seems to be deteriorating. For Christians this should be no surprise as it is laid out in Gods word. All things will continue to fall apart until God sends his Son once again to rule the world. He came once as a baby but next time he will come as the King of Kings and no one will be able to stand against Him.

Some 2000 years ago, Jesus entered the world as a newborn baby. Totally helpless on his own, totally dependant on His parents for his care. He wasn't born into a rich family but to a humble woman. God values us as His creation and instead of working around us, He frequently chooses to work through us.

Merry CHRISTmas to all fellow DHC members!

As you celebrate this year, remember its only because of Jesus why we have the reason to celebrate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.