Deer Hunting Forums banner

Remember my son in prayers the next couple of weeks

8K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  timberghost 
#1 ·
When your in your treestand over the next couple weeks and your thinking about DHC i would appreciate it if you could say some prayers for my 3 yr old son.

They are going to surgically remove his lens (eye) to get rid of a cataract. Place a mechanical lens in its place.

I do not like putting young kids to sleep or giving them drugs to make them loopy. Mama needs your prayers too.

Greatest fear is he has an infection in his eye and then loses his eye completely. Best case that Im praying for is vision that would allow for legal driving out of that eye. (just in case he ever lost his healthy eye ball he could still drive, etc.)

He has had it since birth, so you do surgery now in hopes that his brain has not already turned that eye off. Once the brain figures out the black spot in center is gone it starts to use that eye just like the other one. There is starting to be a major difference in how well he sees out of his "good" and "bad" eye. We call today to verify the surgery date. Will be in about 3 weeks.

#3 ·
There isn't much that can be said to ease the natural worries from you or your wife except We will absolutely include your son in our prayers.
God Bless All of you.

#4 ·
Good luck to you BF... prayers sent. I agree with you about the putting young kids to sleep or making them loopy. I don't like that feeling at all. When my son was 6 weeks old we found out he had pyloric stenosis... it's a condition where the muscle at the bottom of the stomach tightens up so that food cannot be discharged from the stomach to begin the digestion process. They had to put him to sleep to do the surgery that they called "routine". That wasn't a good day for mommy or daddy.

I understand your nervousness.... the Lord will be with him that day and he'll be with you and your wife too!

#24 ·
Went good fellows. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Greatly appreciate your prayers.

He is up a feeling better right now. It took him awhile to come out of it but he made it just fine. Kinda hard to explain to them why everyone wants to poke or prod on them so they drugged him up pretty good.

I got some pics of him I will put up tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.