not understanding - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:44 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetohunt View Post
The Bible does say that all Leaders are put in place by God for His purposes. There are many examples in the Bible of Bad leaders ....pray for Obama because he is our leader and like it or not was put in place by God for this appointed time. His policies are killing America and go against everything I hope and dream for America.

You know, you bring up a good point TTH... Just like in our personal lives God puts us through tough times, for example: deaths of loved ones, divorces, money problems, injuries, etc.... Well maybe this is the same for our country. Maybe He is wanting us to band together and bring Him back into the focus of this country?!?!?! He's allowing us to go through this tough time as a nation because He's teaching us. Teaching us how NOT to do things on earth and how having non-Christians lead your country is NOT a good thing. Personally, I think this could be statistically proven... just look at Obama's approval rating. It's lower than low. That means, people who even voted for him are now regreting it. Let us all continue to pray for our President that he will not change anything more than will effect our country in a negetive way. Let's also pray that the rest of his time in office, there are no MAJOR decisions to be made by him. Let's just hope and pray for our country too guys. We need to band together and elect the CORRECT person this time. Not someone who we think will do a good job, but someone who WILL DO a good job as our president and someone who is a Christian and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ.

--sorry to get off subject guys.....

Last edited by tator; 09-20-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 10:50 PM
B&C 140 Class

thanks guys for all the input.Ill just do some studying and ask him if we can have a one on one chat and see if I can get this put to bed.If not and he stands on what he said what should I do? Talk to the elders see what they say?
Old 09-22-2011, 09:20 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Tator, can't the membership petition for his removal? I know my mom's church did that( Luthern).

Absolutely, but at the same time, I would make really sure that this guy didn't just make a huge mistake. If this is a christian or baptist church (I'm baptist) and this guy is truely liberal in every sense, I just don't see how he can be a pastor and a liberal at the same time. That's sort of like being Bi-sexual, you're still gay... get my drift? Being BI doesn't make it ok...
Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
Ill just do some studying and ask him if we can have a one on one chat and see if I can get this put to bed.If not and he stands on what he said what should I do? Talk to the elders see what they say?

I would. Elders or deacons, whoever the "administration" is for your church. Obviously if you are feeling this way, you're not the only one. Like I said, I would first make sure I was really clear about what he said and how he said it. Don't start spreading rumors or gossip in the church either, that will help no one and nothing. I would keep it one on one and talk to him about what he said, and I would express my views. I totally get the part about respecting your leaders, but I'm not going to live my life the way Obama wants me to live it. If that were the case I'd be worshiping a false god and believing in non-biblical things (abortion, divorce, homosexuality, worshiping false gods, etc...) all of which the Bible says are not OK. Obama stands for those things, he is in FULL support of those things. That's extreme liberalist for you. I do not agree with their lifestyle but I respect the man because he is our President.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:30 PM
B&C 140 Class

called my old pastor and going to see him this week.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
thanks guys for all the input.Ill just do some studying and ask him if we can have a one on one chat and see if I can get this put to bed.If not and he stands on what he said what should I do? Talk to the elders see what they say?
Study is important, but I have found that I sometimes study too much.

That is, I look to find ways of reconciling this world with God's word. I have to be reminded that prayer is the best way to keep aligned with God's plan.

Study, listen, learn, challenge, and pray. I read a book recently ("Too busy Not To Pray"). There was a particular chapter that struck me. The author worked through the elements of a prayer. That is, he wanted to give a structure to prayer. Now, he wasn't being dogmatic ("Prayer MUST be . . .). However, his points were well made and can help remind us of why we should pray and where our minds should be when we pray.

I should be able to find the notes I wrote when I read that book, if folks are interested.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:18 PM
B&C 140 Class

Just a thought.
We pray for this and that, for this to happen,what do you (God) want me to do, how do I handle this, etc etc. I find myself in a lot of the above problems
make all the "proper requests" then take off to do whatever it is the world is pulling me away to do. Then God rang my bell! How can you know what to do if you don't quiet yourself and listen to Me? "Be still and know that I am God"
You wouldn't run off from a conversation with your best friend, am I less than him? My new motto two ears ,one mouth, listen twice as much as you talk.
I just wish I could be better a heeding that advice, I'll keep trying.
daddus
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama-gi View Post
Study is important, but I have found that I sometimes study too much.

That is, I look to find ways of reconciling this world with God's word. I have to be reminded that prayer is the best way to keep aligned with God's plan.

Study, listen, learn, challenge, and pray. I read a book recently ("Too busy Not To Pray"). There was a particular chapter that struck me. The author worked through the elements of a prayer. That is, he wanted to give a structure to prayer. Now, he wasn't being dogmatic ("Prayer MUST be . . .). However, his points were well made and can help remind us of why we should pray and where our minds should be when we pray.

I should be able to find the notes I wrote when I read that book, if folks are interested.
interested in them. I guess my #1 problem is like this. You know the stages of a christian, start out like baby on bottle and progress from there.Id say at this point in my life Im a toddler, no bottle,but soft food and alittle cerial. then I get something like this put on my plate,its big and tough and I only have a few teeth.Does this make sence to yall?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:45 AM
B&C 120 Class

Hellbilly - to finish out your analogy. When that big and tough food is on your plate and you take it. It might make your jaw sore and choke you up a bit but once you've finished you'll be stronger and that that much more ready in the future for more. Not saying that you want more tough food/situations but a little stretching and being pushed out of our comfort zones is good now and then.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
B&C 180 Class

This is a very interesting thread! You all make very good points. I like how we've been drawn to the topic of Prayer and I think God has lead each of us to this so that Hellbilly knows what to do.. PRAY about it. God will always listen. He may not answer as soon as we want or with the answer we want,,, but he'll always listen and he's always answer prayers.. even if it's a NO.
Daddus... I like your comment about having two ears and one mouth! That brought up a memory for me. I used to have a Sunday School Teacher that would say that almost weekly to us!
I also look at prayer like this.. I heard this somewhere one time and I agree with it (I Think it was on Christian Radio) but the pastor said when you pray to God, you first need to ask forgiveness of your sins. If you think about it, when our kids do something wrong and we send them to their room... when they come down we TALK about it and then make them say I'M SORRY. Well that's because they need to learn, before they go on, what they did wrong and why it's so bad to have a time-out. Well the same goes for God. I believe, He wants us to ask for this forgiveness,, AND MEAN IT,, before He's going to answer our prayers. Maybe, if there's something in your life that you are praying about hard everyday, maybe you haven't asked Him for forgiveness of all your sins?!? Try it.
The other thing about prayer that I never realized until about a month ago or so, our pastor talked about this in church one Sunday... try praying without saying the word "I" or "Me". It's next to impossible. The other thing is,,, try praying to God without asking for anything. Now that's hard to do as well! Many times when we pray we hurry through it because we are caught up on our schedule. God wants to talk to us just like a friend wants to talk to us. He wants us to spend time with Him in His word and just conversing with him. I have a 25 min drive to work everyday and many times, this is my Talking With God Time. I try not to talk about me, and I try not to ask anything. It's sort of weird at first but after you do this for awhile, it's just like talking with a friend. That's what God is, our #1 friend. He is SO much for us that it's not even funny. He's truely our Father... He wants to be in our lives and He wants to be involved with everything we do!