finding the right chirch - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:29 AM
B&C 160 Class

takeing it nice and slow, seems to be working. hasent rejected anything iv sead, or asked me to back off with it or anything. iv also made it know to the other christin friend of ours that i am trying to get him to believe. and he seems to be helping a little bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM
B&C 120 Class

hunt NH,

One witnessing tool/method that my wife and I really like and that was used by Jesus is to use the 10 commandments. One organization that really takes this to heart and puts it into practice is Living Waters (google it). They call it The Way of the Master. They have some really good resources and witnessing tracts/tools that are cool. The ones that I keep with me all the time are the $1,000,000 bills and 10 commandment coins. I'm also praying for your friends soul.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:35 PM
B&C 140 Class

hows it going with your friend?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:44 AM
B&C 160 Class

verry slow. but it looks like iv got even more help. another one of our friends works at a chirch. so now that makes atleast 3 christians he talks to on a dayly basis. also he got good news at his docs office the other day. the cnacer spot on his lung is reducing in size. so all is going slow but well.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:40 PM
B&C 140 Class

up date please? Its been way to quiet here lately
Old 07-07-2011, 02:43 AM
B&C 160 Class

not much realy to report. been working so much i barley even get a chance ot talk to my kids. so i havent realy had enugh ti,me to have any deep conversations with him.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:34 AM
B&C 160 Class

man tonight i thought i had a good chance. so many things came racing to my mind. unfortunaltly i have been drinking. and my first though was how can i help my friend find god wile im not even compleatly sober. the next thought was, im in way over my head. preachers can resite verses from ther heads. all i have is my understanding, and love of god. then i felt that god made me friends with this man for a reason, and that maybe ability to quote the bible may not save him. maybe a realy rough around the edges christain friend is all he needs. then he changed his mind about wanting to talk about it. please keep him, and me in your prayers.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:04 AM
B&C 140 Class

Hey Hunt,
you're doing all you can and congratulations on that! The amazing thing is even though Jesus knows every fault and dark spot within us He still loves us, warts and all! I heard a good prayer the other day, Lord help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am! Simple but true, I think you are a better man than you give yourself credit for. At least you're trying to witness. I admire your spunk and your never say quit attitude. God will honor you for your effort and I will continue to pray for your friend and you daddus
Old 09-01-2011, 11:22 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt NH View Post
im in way over my head. preachers can resite verses from ther heads. all i have is my understanding, and love of god.

That is all you need.... you don't have to quote scripture or talk the way preachers talk, you just have to show him how God has helped you in your life. That's all. Tell him about the things he's done for you and helped you through. It's been my experience that if you go quoting scripture and everything while witnessing to a close friend, it scares them off more than anything. Most importantly, be his friend. Let him know you're there for him and that you've been praying for him like crazy. He's your friend, he's going to respect your opinions and thoughts. I think you were right holding off talking about God b/c you had been drinking. Make sure you have a clear mind and that you have prayed for God's wisdom and words to come into your heart the next time you see/talk to him. You're doing fine huntNH, just keep it up!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:48 PM
B&C 140 Class

sounds like your doing it right.slow and easy.Prayers for you and him. I also think your right.I would rather hear it from a friend thats alot like me and not just somebody that throws quotes from the bible at me and scare the crap out of me.That works for some but not for all.Ask GOD for guidance and to fill your mouth with the words he wants you to say. GOD Bless and stay strong