Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Christian Corner (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/christian-corner/)
-   -   Please pray for this man... (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/christian-corner/7730-please-pray-man.html)

tator 05-17-2011 12:07 PM

Please pray for this man...

Guys and Gals, I have come across an article on Yahoo! and am deeply disturbed by it. It is an article about Stephen Hawking. I'm sure many of you may have heard of him, many may have not though. This man is extremely brilliant and has been called many times, the smartest man in the world. At age 21 he developed Lou Gerhig's Disease and has since lost his power to speek and power to walk/use his body. He is a world renown Physicist and once again, VERY smart.
Here's where the problem comes in. Stephen Hawking is an open atheist and he does not believe there is a God. Much of his work and efforts throughout his life has been to disprove that God or Jesus ever existed and that Science "made everything around us". Since this man is very well known throughout the world, he has many followers and people who look up to him. Well when you have someone like that who does not believe in God, what do his "followers" do then? That's right, they don't believe in God either. He's actually doing the reverse of what we Christians are trying to do. We're bringing people TO Christ and he's pulling people away. I would not go so far as to say this man is evil, but he desperately needs our prayers. I have linked the article on Yahoo! below but please do not read this as factual. I would hate nothing more than for someone to read it and then believe in Stephen Hawking's findings. They are false, guys. Everything he has to say about God and Jesus is 100% incorrect. His words and books are fiction. I just pray that somehow, someway God would intervene in his life and do a complete 180. I mean, how awesome would that be to watch the news and see where Stephen Hawking has accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior!?!?!?!? Rejoice guys, this man needs our help and our prayers. He is a lost brother who needs the Holy Spirit in his life!

Stephen Hawking says afterlife is a fairy story - Yahoo! News

daddus1 05-17-2011 03:07 PM

We certainly do need to pray for this man! He is one of God's creations just like you and me, he's just a little more defiant than we are. Please have compassion for him and pray that he will answer God's call, he will repent of his ways, he will ask for forgiveness for his sins and learn that no matter what you have been, you don't need to be that anymore! I pray that he wakes up and God takes the blinders from his eyes, the plugs from his ears and the hardness from his heart.
I would not wish hell on my worst enemy, hell is a destination we shouldn't seek. But we CAN have Heaven which is a million times better than hell is nasty!
If you were in his wheelchair would you be angry and upset all the time?
I would.

tator 05-18-2011 10:16 AM

Very true daddus! Good posting.

Science is one of those things that is hard to explain to non-believers. So much of science makes sense, but so much of it is just theory. It's much easier for human's to put trust into a scientist's theory than to put trust in a God that we can't physically see. I can see how that would be difficult to do. All I can say is that God can work wonders in your life if you put your full faith and trust in him. He'll help you through the tough times and he'll help you to learn to trust in him. Many times when new-Chrisitians go through hard times they think God is going to solve their problem for them. I can't tell you how many times I've been in church and someone new will come to our study group and have a prayer request for something and then never show up again. It's almost like, since they came to church they expect God to do something for them. Or if they get baptized then their life will be so much better... well it will, but you have to be patient with God. He does not use our sense of "time". He uses His. Sometimes He has us go through tough things to make us learn to depend on Him. One good example in my life is my mom and grandma. My mom has lost two sisters in the past 12 years, both unexpectedly due to medical issues that just popped up. My grandma has had to bury 2 out of 3 of her kids. Both of them are stronger today having gone through that then they were before. God is a just GOD. He does things for His reasons. We are His creation and He can use us in ANY way He wants. Your life will be better if you choose Him, but don't expect it to happen over night. When you got your first job in high school did you expect to be promoted to BOSS within a week? NO. Developing a relationship with God takes time and effort on our part. He wants us to fully trust in Him and depend on Him. Not just 75% of the time or even 99.999999% of the time. 100% of the time put all our faith, hope and trust in Him. If you do that, I guarantee you, you will have a more happier and purposeful life!

scentman 06-21-2011 07:59 AM

I always figured science had to start some where... sure they can explain the make up of a substance, but they cannot explain its origin.
They need to look at the Bible and get some facts, the good book is our manual for Life.

daddus1 06-23-2011 12:19 PM

The sad part for Mr Hawking, I was going past a billboard yesterday and it said "when you die you will meet GOD" Pray for him!
daddus