Let Us All Pray for Obama - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:15 PM

Unfortunately man made religion and politics synonymous. Most wars are comprised of factions of both parts. That's the way of man. Even our perfect God took wrath on his own people because of the way we became, morally corrupt. How much more can even HE take and not send down the savior and end it all. The world has to be far worse off than when the great flood came and a correction was made to mankind. Seems like the times are right for misery and strife, I don't know just feeling down some today, maybe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 12:32 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Unfortunately man made religion and politics synonymous. Most wars are comprised of factions of both parts. That's the way of man. Even our perfect God took wrath on his own people because of the way we became, morally corrupt. How much more can even HE take and not send down the savior and end it all. The world has to be far worse off than when the great flood came and a correction was made to mankind. Seems like the times are right for misery and strife, I don't know just feeling down some today, maybe.

I agree with you HM. This world can cause anyone to get down and depressed... it has happened to me. I can't believe our own country has so many stupid and lazy people living in it that they can't even hardly live with out help from someone or something.
Interesting topic you brought up about Jesus coming back! That was actually our topic yesterday at Church. Our pastor made a very, very, very interesting and true comment. The reason why Jesus has waited so long is because He wants to give us all the opportunity to choose Him. He wants to "save" and give us the opportunity to "save" as many people as we can! He loves us so much that He doesn't WANT us to go to hell, He wants all of us to be saved! Unfortunately, that's not what's going to happen because there are people out there who refuse to believe.

I firmly believe Jesus Christ will come back sooner than we all think. I think he will come back in my lifetime, and I hope he does! How awesome would that be to be alive when he makes his decend from heaven?!?!?!

Acts 1:9-11
9 After He had said this, He was taken up as they were watching, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
10 While He was going, they were gazing into heaven, and suddenly two men in white clothes stood by them.
11 They said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up into heaven? This Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come in the same way that you have seen Him going into heaven."
Old 05-03-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
Well first off, Psalms 109 is a prayer for the enemy. I do not consider Obama the enemy. Just because a person has different beliefs than I do doesn't mean I'm going to treat him like my enemy. Now, that said, I do not agree with all his views politically, religiously, ethically and morally. Do I want to see him in office for a 2nd term, HECK no. But what we are saying is that to wish that someone's family be fatherless and wife a widow is awfully harsh. Plus that is meant for the enemy of a fight/war/battle. Now with the recent news of Bin Laden, HE would be considered the enemy. And his wife(s) are now widows and his child(ren) are now fatherless. That would be a good verse for him. My whole point is we need him out of office. I'm not saying someone should cause him harm or anything of the sort. I just want him out of the White House.
Good post tator. I have friends/co-workers that voted for Obama. Its their vote that put him in the White House. I may not agree with them but I darn sure do not wish ill will to any of them. Same with our President. America voted him in. I dont agree with it and will be glad when he is gone. But darn sure dont want anything to happen to his family. His daughters didnt choose their dad. God did.

Politics and Relegion can be touchy subjects. Be respectful of others that may not agree with you. Please speak your mind. Just do it in a manner that will less likely offend others that dont agree with you.

Last edited by buckfever; 05-03-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 AM
B&C 180 Class

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
This post right here. I have friends/co-workers that voted for Obama. Its their vote that put him in the White House. I may not agree with them but I darn sure do not wish ill will to any of them. Same with our President. America voted him in. I dont agree with it and will be glad when he is gone. But darn sure dont want anything to happen to his family. His daughters didnt choose their dad. God did.

Politics and Relegion can be touchy subjects. Be respectful of others that may not agree with you. Please speak your mind. Just do it in a manner that will less likely offend others that dont agree with you.

:goodpostin g: ......
Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt NH View Post
dont forget about . Psalm 109:9 Let his children be fatherless
And his wife a widow.
That's very Christian of you. VERY.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 AM
B&C 160 Class

ok now that this old thread was brought back. when all the others brought up that my deep seeded anger for him was not consistant with christian thinking. i took a long hard look at it, to see if i was looking at it all wrong. from a christian stand point maybe i was. but in the end i felt that in the end, i believe that he was/is trying his hardest to destroy this nation. that assumeing he realy is a citizen like he claims is treason. treason is a capital offence. and seeing as how th potus will never be tryed let alown convicted of treason, that is why i would like to see god do it. but i never brought up that opinion for several reasons. one i felt that was just a subject i should just let get lost in the pages of this forum. 2 i have a tremendous amount of respect for several of the members who disagreed with me, and did not argue with them over it. 3 i think buy now, and several debates with me. (and i have been on the same side with many of them, and on the other side in different debates) that they have learned that i do not often change my point of views, and exepted me for me. wile some times my opinions my be verry flawed, that over all i am a good guy, and i think they know that. but sence you felt the need to bring this back up, and wile doing so question my faith i will say this..... are you not the same guy who stood up for abortion clinics in another thread? ( i know you are i looked it up before typing this) so you mean to tell me that it is more christian to suport doctors who kill babys, than it is for me to wish that god would smite the man i feel is doing his best to destroy " one nation under god"? ok with that all sead if any one wants to look back to my origanal posts about this, i hold no ill will against his family, espeshali his innocent childeren. yes i know on the serface wishing them to be fatherless looks like i do, but by my logic (flawed as it may be) that they would be better off. sorry to all who may be offended by how i feel on this, and i wont hold it against you if you pray for me to change my opinion. nor will i not change my opinion if i get the feeling deep down if i get the feeling that god wants me to chainge it. but i do think that though verses were put in the bible for a reason. so that we could wish for god to take his revenge on the enemys of chistianity, instead of going all crazy like the muslems do, and think that it is ok to do it our selfs. and i dont think that it would be ok for someone to do that. again sorry to anone offended my my views on this.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:48 PM
B&C 140 Class

Psalm 109:9 if you dont understand it dont just discount it as being non christian.Pray for guidance on it,and ask others to have a bible study on the subject.Praise GOD for all things and knolage to understand them
Old 10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
B&C 100 Class

Wishing death on anyone is unChristian. Wishing death on a President because he has different political views to you is treasonist.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
B&C 160 Class

ok we just posted were it is in the bible to wish/pray for such things. so is the bible unChristain? and if i were ploting it (wich i am not) that would be treason, but that is not what i am doing. wishing death on a sh!t bag who is hell bent on destroying the US is not treason. its freedom, and liberty. and i find it quite insulting that you question my christianity, and accuse treason.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:15 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
Good post tator. I have friends/co-workers that voted for Obama. Its their vote that put him in the White House. I may not agree with them but I darn sure do not wish ill will to any of them. Same with our President. America voted him in. I dont agree with it and will be glad when he is gone. But darn sure dont want anything to happen to his family. His daughters didnt choose their dad. God did.

:goodpostin g:

And your reading of The Bible may not be only way to understand it.