Deer Hunting Forums banner

what did JESUS do for you

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·

THE (SCIENTIFIC) DEATH OF JESUS

At the age of 33,
Jesus was condemned to the death penalty.

At the time crucifixion was the "worst" death. Only the worst criminals
condemned to be crucified. Yet it was
Even more dreadful for Jesus, for unlike other criminals condemned to death
by crucifixion, Jesus was nailed to the cross by His hands and feet, rather
than tied...

Each nail
Was 6 to 8 inches long.

The nails
Were driven into His wrist. Not
Into His palms as is commonly
Portrayed. There's a tendon in the wrist that
Extends to the shoulder. The Roman guards knew
That when the nails were being hammered into the
Wrist, that tendon would tear and
Break, forcing Jesus to use His back
Muscles to support himself, so that He could breathe.

Both of His feet
Were nailed together. Thus He was forced to
Support Himself on the single nail that
Impaled His feet to the cross. Jesus could
Not support himself with His legs for long because of the pain, so He was
forced to alternate between arching His
Back and using his legs just to continue to
Breath. Imagine the struggle, the pain, the
Suffering, the courage.

Jesus endured this
Reality for over 3 hours.

Yes,
Over 3 hours! Can you imagine this kind of
Suffering? A few minutes before He died,
Jesus stopped bleeding. He was simply pouring water
From his wounds.

From common images we see wounds to His hands and feet and even the spear
wound to His side...
But do we remember the many wounds
Made to his body. A hammer
Driving large nails through the wrists, the feet overlapped
And a nail hammered through the arches, then a
Roman guard piercing His side with a spear. And...
Before the nails and the spear, Jesus was whipped and
Beaten. The whipping was so severe that it tore the
Flesh from His body. The beating so horrific that His
Face was torn and his beard ripped from His face. The
Crown of thorns (two to three inch thorns) cut deeply into His scalp. Most
men
Would not have survived this torture.

"

He had no more blood
To bleed out, only water poured from His
Wounds. The
Human adult body contains about 3.5 liters
(just less than a gallon) of blood.

Jesus poured all 3.5 liters of his blood;
He had three nails hammered into His
Members; a crown of thorns on His head and, beyond
That, a Roman soldier who stabbed a spear into His
Chest..

All these without
Mentioning the humiliation He passed after carrying His own
Cross for almost 2 kilometers, while the crowd spat in his
Face and threw stones (the cross beam was almost 30 kg of weight, to which
His hands were nailed).

Jesus had to endure this experience,
So that you may have free access to God.

So that your sins can be "washed" away.
*All* of them, with no exception!
Don't ignore this.

JESUS
CHRIST DIED...FOR YOU!

For you, who now read this .
Do not believe that He only died for others
(those who go to church or for pastors, bishops, etc.).

He died for you!

Accept the reality, the truth, that
JESUS IS THE ONLY SALVATION FOR THE WORLD.

God has special plans for YOU!
Share this with all your friends...
About what He went through to save you.
Really think about it!

May God bless you!

See less See more
#3 ·
that's a great post! I strongly recommend watching "The Passion of Christ" with your family. It may be disturbing to kids under 13 though because of the graphic nature. Check out your "religious channels" on your dish or directv... they have been playing it all weekend. I watched it when it came out in 2004 and it is an ACCURATE depiction of what happened to Jesus. Many people beleive it was just beaten a little bit and then hung on a cross, but it was MUCH more than that. You have to remember, in this time, if you "claimed" to be the Son of God, they did not take that lightly. That was many times worse than murder or rape or any other crime. Like the hymn says "JESUS PAID IT ALL, ALL TO HIM I OWE...."

#4 ·
Your post hit me hard this morning HB... makes me think ,why am I worthy for Jesus to go thru that agony just for me?
In all my sinfulness and stench from my transgressions Christ died a horrible death, alone on that blood drenched cross.

It is hard to fathom the love God has for us because our sin gets in the way, because of the shame we endure from sin we tend to think God is angry with us... that is most likely farther from the "Truth".

#5 ·
I agree with you scentman... it was a excellent post!
Many times we forget what impact Jesus' death has on us. We spend so much time celebrating Christmas and everything having to do with His birth, that we focus less on His death.. which is the real reason why we're believers! If Christ didn't die on the cross for us, there would be no need to worship him! By dying on the cross and resurecting from the dead, He defeated satan... FOR GOOD. People no longer had to sacrifice animals or money or possessions for their sins, they could now ask for forgiveness from GOD!!!! Jesus died on the cross because His love for us is absolutely unmatched by any other person on the face of this earth. His love for us is greater than a mom and dad's love for their child! His love for us is unconditional and his grace is truely the greatest blessing to us as humans!

#7 ·
Yes the death of Jesus on the cross was horrific. An act of total barbarism by
a supposedly enlightened people.
His death was and still is a sad chapter in the history of humankind but it had to happen. Jesus at any time could have probably saved himself from this fate but HE chose not to, knowing that if He did we were all dead men walking with no hope of anything.
Only one person in all of history or in any "religion" died out of love for us, saving us from our own fate and stubbornness.
Only one person in all history defeated death, defeated the grave and was risen to set at the right hand of God his father to be a mediator for us and to make us presentable in God's sight and to enter His kingdom and to be His adopted sons and daughters, with all the privileges of a son. The price, trust and obey the son of God, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Man what a deal,
we do all our garbage and Jesus still says , "come as you are" but He is unwilling to let you stay that way. Healing and grace can be yours and the price is RIGHT!
daddus

#9 ·
A few months back we went to Orlando to the holy land experiance.One of the things that put into perspective is they do a live recreation of the last days,And to stand there and watch them beat him and put him on the cross was one of the hardest things Ive ever seen."yes i know it was not real"but it made it real other than just reading it.I will tell you I went thru many emotions watching it.From anger when the roman guards beat him to tears flowing when they put him on the cross.to an emotion I really cant explain when he rose.If your ever in Orlando and have a extra day,GO you wont be sorry:thumbup:

#10 ·
That sounds really awesome to go to! I can't imagine being there when it actually happened. It just puts into prespective what He went through for us. All our aches and pains and broken bones and losses in our lives don't even COMPARE to what He went through for us.

Here's a song I love listening to when I drive to work everyday,, it just lifts me up big time and you've probably heard it but I like this version the best.... The ending of this song is SO powerful... awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.