Triumph over Tragedy - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Triumph over Tragedy

We triumph over tragedy through Jesus Christ. I know a family in my church in need of prayer. Good friends of my wife and I awoke to their house in flames over the weekend; Friday night, to be exact. Their three children are my god-children, including a newborn not two weeks old. Just about everything they own was either ruined by the fire, or ruined by the smoke and water.

Yet, as my brothers and sisters already know, it is times like these when the church rises up to be the hands and feet of Jesus. We took them into our home and, as early as Saturday morning, people from our church and other churches nearby were stopping by and dropping off all sorts of thing, from clothes to food to toiletries to toys. The pouring out of love and support was simply amazing, but not unbelievable .. because we all know what God is capable of.

Sunday morning, we all went to church, and the hands of God were still at work. An elderly woman who was placed in a wheelchair a few years back, had a one-story home built on her property to accommodate her new condition. She offered her old home, a gorgeous two-story farm house, to this couple who'd just lost their home. God is so, so good.

At one of the darkest points in their lives, the Light of Jesus shown brighter than they could've ever imagined, and by no strength of their own, they will make it through this unfortunate time. I truly believe that God brings us to our knees from time to time just to show us that we can't do it on our own. And then he builds us back up again, even better than before.

I wanted to share this story of the power God, and ask for your prayers for this family as they and their children adjust to a new place and a new start. Despite the love shown and the obvious presence of God throughout this trial, they're definitely still shaken, and their children are still scared. So if you all could join me in praying for peace and grace as they adjust, and for wisdom and strength to trust in God's plan for them as their lives continue to unfold as a true family of God .. I would truly be appreciative. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 08:22 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Luch View Post
I truly believe that God brings us to our knees from time to time just to show us that we can't do it on our own. And then he builds us back up again, even better than before.

I absolutely agree with you Steve! I will keep this family in my prayers....
Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 AM
B&C 140 Class

Steve,
Isn't it absolutely amazing at the things God does for us? God does not promise us a trouble free life but HE does promise He will be with us no matter what!!!
A Prayer partner in PA
daddus
Old 02-08-2011, 11:52 AM

I will join in and keep this family in my thoughts and prayer! We were given the tools of life right from the beggining and messed up right away, so as we travel through this life and many times loose sight of those tools, sometimes it takes an (event) good or bad, for us to be humbled by our own short comings as human beings, only to be enlighten by his greatness, love, and support when we need a good strong dose of it. Your church community rose up and used the right tools that many times in our lives never get turned on, congrats to them! Which of life's tools have we forgotten to use/share with others last year, yesterday, today, what about tomorrow? Not a sermon, just asking questions!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:42 PM
B&C 100 Class

I truly believe that God brings us to our knees from time to time just to show us that we can't do it on our own. And then he builds us back up again, even better than before.

I also believe this to be true and have traveled that path. I will keep all of you in my prayers
Old 02-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Thanks for sharing that with us and I will keep that family in my prayers. It is always a blessing to see fellow church members stepping up to help out their bro and sis in a time of need. I pray that God blesses you and your wife for opening up your home to them as well.

I also thank the Lord everyone walked out of their safe. A fire scares me! Especially with little ones not able to get up and walk out.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:48 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Prayers Sent

My prayers go out to you and your family. Our Lord will be with them in this difficult time. God bless!