Introduction and a small prayer request... - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Introduction and a small prayer request...

I guess this is as good a place as any to introduce myself on this forum. I'm Steve, and I'm 27 years old. I'm brand new to hunting and almost as new in my faith. I've been a Christian since June of 2007, when I asked Jesus for forgiveness for the life I'd been leading and asked Him into my heart. Best day of my life. Now, the prayer request...

I go to a small, country church with a small congregation. When I first showed up there, I can remember counting about two or three children in the crowd, so it didn't surprise me that there were no youth programs...since there were no youths. Well, steadily over the past three years, that has begun to change. I first took a small group of teens to a Christian youth conference we have around year three years ago. We started with four kids. This year, we had thirteen. Twelve of them accepted Christ or rededicated their lives to Him this year. I'm still continuing to pray for and talk to the last one.

I feel this amazing youth movement gaining momentum in my small church and I feel this pull on my heart that it's where my own ministry might be. Recently, pastor approached my wife and told her he believes it might be time to appoint a youth pastor. I'm not positive, but I think he might have me in mind.

I guess I'm just not entirely sure about it. I feel so young in my faith and walk sometimes that I wonder if I'm strong enough to lead these children. And yet, if that's where God wants me, it's where I want to be. Please, if all of my brothers and sisters could just say a small prayer for me, for guidance and direction, and the strength to do whatever God is calling me to do. Thanks, everyone. Love in Christ!