Deer Hunting Forums banner

Gavin

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
I have not posted this prior because we thought it was going to be routine and done. I have a grand nephew now fighting for his life. Gavin, had heart surgery 12/22, his grandfathers birthday, at 7 weeks old to repair some defects from birth. He is in Michigan's Ann Arbor hospital for kids and is failing. The grand father would have been (still is in heart) my brother who took his life in 2000. My nephew is for good reason, taking things really hard. I wish/pray/ cry/hope God brings life to the little guy and if some extra prayers could be sent along maybe they would help! This year has been hard to get into the hunting mood. I did get a new grand baby that's healthy so there was a giant highlight to 2010! If you all could just keep Gavin in your thoughts and prayers and I would appreciate that. Thanks! HM

#4 ·
HM I'm very sorry to hear that and it makes me sad that such a tiny child has to endure such a traumatic experience. I wish the child all the best and for a well and speedy recovery. HM stay strong buddy, keep the faith and leave it all up to the big man. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and especially Gavin.

#5 ·
HM. prayers sent. keep the faith that god can heal him. when i was born there were so many issues with me that the doc told my parents not to get to attached, that i would not live long. i spent much of my next few years in and out of the hospital. by the time i was in elimentery school i was a happy health kid. and now at 28 the only proof of my early medical issues are a bunch of scars. other than that there are no issues form this. lord willing in 28 more years Gavin can tell his story to try to help some one keep the faith when they are going through a difacult time.

#8 ·
HM how has Gavin been doing? i always say a prayer when someone is in need of gods help, and someone they know asks for the prayers. but this one has hit close to home for me due to reasons i posted above. i pry for his health dayly, and can only hope it is helping.

#9 ·
I'm not entirely sure how to take the news today. Gavin may be comming home tomorrow. However, feeding tube and O2 are still needed. When the O2 is removed his blood oxygen level falls too far. He has some damage to his diaphram and may be permanet. Coming home is a giant step. So, to all the prayers from DHC, I say THANKS! I will keep everyone up to date as things happen. For now he holding his own! I think this one is a fighter.

#13 ·
Up-date, Gavin came home! He still has a small hole in his heart but the docs say as he grows the hole will close. Gavin still has a feeding tube to help him gain some weight but his mom and dad were trained to deal with it and some other issues to deal with, but he is home. God bless this little guy and again thanks to (all) for the prayers and support. I'll give additional up-dates as things progress. Modern medicine at it's finest with help from the big guy! :ibtl:

#15 ·
god bless him. he will be a fighter all his life.

That's the truth! Seems like kids that go through stuff when they are little end up being ROUGH and TOUGH BOYS!

My 2 y/o had a condition called Pyloric Stenosis when he was 3 weeks old. Couldn't keep food down, kept throwing up. After 2 days of this we went to the doc and had him looked at. Turned out that we had to take ambulance to STL to the Childrens hospital b/c he had to have surgery. Pyloric Stenosis is a condition where the passage between your stomach and small intestine closes. They had to do surgery to open this back up. That little stinker has been going NONE STOP since then! haha God does wonderful things! HE may not have MADE the equipment, but he gave the doctors the smart :thumbup:brains to use it! :thumbup:

#16 ·
Yesterday got to hold Gavin, man does he look great! He smiled most of the time at the family gathering. While Gavin most likely will need another surgery to improve blood flow in/out of his heart they won't have to go through the chest. Right now he's a chubby little guy with a whole LIFE ahead of him! :ibtl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.