Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Christian Corner (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/christian-corner/)
-   -   Gavin (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/christian-corner/7119-gavin.html)

Hunting Man 01-04-2011 11:41 AM

Gavin

I have not posted this prior because we thought it was going to be routine and done. I have a grand nephew now fighting for his life. Gavin, had heart surgery 12/22, his grandfathers birthday, at 7 weeks old to repair some defects from birth. He is in Michigan's Ann Arbor hospital for kids and is failing. The grand father would have been (still is in heart) my brother who took his life in 2000. My nephew is for good reason, taking things really hard. I wish/pray/ cry/hope God brings life to the little guy and if some extra prayers could be sent along maybe they would help! This year has been hard to get into the hunting mood. I did get a new grand baby that's healthy so there was a giant highlight to 2010! If you all could just keep Gavin in your thoughts and prayers and I would appreciate that. Thanks! HM

BruceBruce1959 01-04-2011 01:52 PM

I'm so sorry HM, This has truly been a tough year for you and your family...
We will include Gavin in our prayers..

spiker 01-04-2011 06:29 PM

Sorry to hear about this Hm.God bless your family and Gavin is in our prayers.

timberghost 01-04-2011 08:44 PM

HM I'm very sorry to hear that and it makes me sad that such a tiny child has to endure such a traumatic experience. I wish the child all the best and for a well and speedy recovery. HM stay strong buddy, keep the faith and leave it all up to the big man. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and especially Gavin.

hunt NH 01-05-2011 12:41 AM

HM. prayers sent. keep the faith that god can heal him. when i was born there were so many issues with me that the doc told my parents not to get to attached, that i would not live long. i spent much of my next few years in and out of the hospital. by the time i was in elimentery school i was a happy health kid. and now at 28 the only proof of my early medical issues are a bunch of scars. other than that there are no issues form this. lord willing in 28 more years Gavin can tell his story to try to help some one keep the faith when they are going through a difacult time.

tator 01-05-2011 11:02 AM

sure thing,, I'll keep Gavin in my prayers! Thanks for sharing!

hunter177 01-06-2011 07:31 AM

Prayers For Gavin

HM my wife and I are very sorry to hear about Gavin's condition. We will be lifting Gavin, your family, and yourself up in our thoughts and prayers. God bless you!

hunt NH 01-11-2011 01:09 PM

HM how has Gavin been doing? i always say a prayer when someone is in need of gods help, and someone they know asks for the prayers. but this one has hit close to home for me due to reasons i posted above. i pry for his health dayly, and can only hope it is helping.

Hunting Man 01-11-2011 04:11 PM

I'm not entirely sure how to take the news today. Gavin may be comming home tomorrow. However, feeding tube and O2 are still needed. When the O2 is removed his blood oxygen level falls too far. He has some damage to his diaphram and may be permanet. Coming home is a giant step. So, to all the prayers from DHC, I say THANKS! I will keep everyone up to date as things happen. For now he holding his own! I think this one is a fighter.

spiker 01-11-2011 07:19 PM

God bless that little guy. Our prayers are with him.