Love this time of Year: Christmas - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 PM
B&C 100 Class

Smile Love this time of Year: Christmas

I sure love this time of year, meaning the Christmas season of course. It seems that about everyone you meet gives you a Christmas greeting of some sort.
The truth is, I enjoy anything and everything about this season. Even the Charlie Brown Christmas special on TV. It's all good.
And the reason for the season - the birth of Jesus Christ. I'm 58 years old and HE is still the best Friend I've ever had. PTL
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 01:32 AM
B&C 160 Class

i actualy find this time of year quite sad. first to see it changed from celabrating Christ berth, to a retail event. then all the atacks on the religious part of the holiday. people cant even put religious decorations on public land, and now it so bad that people can even say marry christmis to you anymore, i get sick every time someone says happy holidays to me. its not a holiday, or "the holidays" its Christ berthday. all the PC ness of it discust me. so i will say this, i Hope you all have a marry CHRISTmass, and if that offends anyone oh well
Old 12-10-2010, 06:43 AM

Merry Christmas to you also !!!

When some says happy holidays to me I always say "the Holidays have all passed it's time to celebrate CHRISTMAS now"...

Old 12-10-2010, 08:55 AM
B&C 180 Class

This is the time of year when I choose to ignore what people say out there about bashing Christianity. I have no time for it, UNLESS they want to hear about the birth of Jesus Christ and the reason I'm a Christian... But if all you're going to do is bash the TRUE meaning, then stay away from me please! I also believe this is the time of year when EVERYONE needs Jesus Christ the Savior in their life! This is a truely good time to witness!

Hunt NH... This is the time of year to be thankful for what God has given you. I find at this time of year, I pray alot more because things are slower (at least for me!) and I have more time to think about my life. I absolutely agree with you about Jesus being taken out of his own Birthday. It's sad to me too, but one way you can fight back is by celebrating his birthday to the fullest!

**interesting thought..... Many Christians believe that our culture is becoming more and more atheist every day. I disagree. I believe our culture is becoming more and more tolerant everyday of other false religions and false beliefs and false gods, so much so that people everywhere go out of there way (and even out of their morals) to NOT "offend" someone.

I had a doctor's appointment the other day with a muslim doctor.. yeah, it scared me (sorry had to throw that in there)! anyways, when I left I told the Doctor, "MERRY CHRISTMAS DOC, GOD bless you!!" and grabbed his hand and shook it! hahahaha you should've seen the look in his eyes, but I guarantee you one thing, he knew that I 1.) celebrate CHRISTmas and that 2.)I'm happy about my religion! I don't think he can say either one about his false idol.

Last edited by tator; 12-10-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:06 PM
B&C 160 Class

tator, you the man. thing usualy slow down for me durring hunting season. i tend to spend more time praying in my stand (and not just for a big buck to walk by) than i do durring the rest of the year. i think that is why i like hunting so much. i get to go out, enjoy having nothing to do, sitting out there peasefully, enjoy nature, and talking to god, and once in a wile get to feel my hart pumping outa my chest as a deer walks up, and if i get to shoot it thats just a bonus. hunting is my me and god time. cant wait till my son is old enuff to come out there and share that time and experiance with him. oh well getting off topic Marry CHRISTmas to all of you guys.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:59 PM

Tator Amen Great Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:39 AM
B&C 140 Class

Default The last hurrah

Hi guys,
With all the garbage being fed to those who would believe it, all the junk going on around us that we don"t like and the unbelief of our various points of views, the Good News is what you see is not the story, we are all living here temporally but our real home, we make a choice where we want to be, is not of this earth. Even though we live a short time here we will eventually live or die according to our beliefs. This life is not "the end of the story", it can be the beginning though. God loves us all. You all know the story, so when you are out on stand and 99.9% not seeing deer, what are you seeing? The splendor of this deer woods made out of the primal ooze or the hands of our Creator?
Christmas is special, so let "them" think what they like, I'm not going to let a bunch of gloom and doom prophets spoil my season. I now try to understand, Jesus never promised that after someone becomes a Christian
that it is all good, but he does promise that if He leads you to it He will lead you through it. We all have junk in our trunk that we have tried for YEARS to get rid of, now that He's in charge things are going much better.
I never was very good at fixing myself (i'm very bad at it) so I tried something different.
The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Thank you and may God bless you all 24 7 365
daddus1
Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddus1 View Post
I now try to understand, Jesus never promised that after someone becomes a Christian
that it is all good, but he does promise that if He leads you to it He will lead you through it.

Everyone should listen to Daddus, he's a man of God! What he said is true. In fact, I think my life now is at times tougher now than it was when I was a non-believer because I'm tempted alot to go astray. GOD puts us through struggles and hard times for a reason. He wants us to DEPEND ON HIM! You could sort of look at this as he is testing us daily! When something wrong goes on in your life, PRAY about it and ask for HIS help! If you truely need something in your life, PRAY about it and ask for his guidance and mercy.
PRAYER is the best medicine for anything! And always remember, GOD ANSWERS ALL PRAYERS!!!! --it may not be the answer you're looking for though... and it may not happen right away... GOD does everything in his time and his time only. Remember, GOD knows everything about you and what you need and who you truely are! He sees us at our best and our worst.

I have an interesting way to witness to friends/family next time you are with someone you know is not saved. While chatting with them (preferably 1 on 1) ask them "what do you think happens when we die?" You'll probably get alot of different responses from people. Some people think that everyone goes to Heaven (not true). Some people think we die and that's it, nothing more happens. Some people know they are going to hell and are ok with it (can you imagine?!?!) The fact is, many people don't understand the Bible and the Word of GOD. The Bible can be extremely confusing! It is our job as Christians to help explain it to them.

I have some close family "extended" family members who are not saved. It is a struggle for me to witness to them, because of stubborness or just plain lack of motivation on my part. The best witness you can be to someone is by living your life in a Christian way all the time. Let your co-workers see you not cussing, not looking at wrong pics at work, not being judgemental, and most of all BEING able to forgive! If you do this those "lost" people will see this. They recognize this. These actions are not of the evil one, they are of GOD. Now, that said, don't let this be your ONLY witness to them. One way I find that I can witness is talking about Church. Talking about people in the Church I admire. and most importantly talking highly about my Pastor and how he teaches the word of GOD! By doing all this, people know and see me as a Christian and the door gets opened to more important talks about JESUS CHRIST.

Living the life of a Christian is not easy. You will be tested daily, tempted sometimes every minute of everyday. BUT you have a life-line. YOU HAVE JESUS CHRIST! Trust in him and you will be ok, I promise. If you feel yourself getting ready to sin, PRAY. If you know you are going into an important interview, PRAY. If you hate going to work everyday, PRAY. If your kids are having troubles at home/school, PRAY. If your marriage needs repairing, PRAY. If you are depressed and think you have no hope, PRAY. YOU have to do it. GOD does not initiate PRAYER! YOU DO!

Last edited by tator; 12-14-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:10 PM
B&C 100 Class

Exclamation Christmas Thank You

I just want to say how much I enjoy this site and especially Christian Corner. Thanks to the creators of this site and more importantly thanks to our Creator! Merry Christmas to everyone! God bless!!!