Deer Hunting Forums banner

Trash

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
This world is getting unbearable. It's absolutely obsurd and full of trash. It's no wonder our kids are growing up and becoming lazy, less self-dependant, and less respectful to authority figures. I pulled up yahoo!'s web page and I typically look at their top stories for the day at the top of the page. Everyday I leave that website wow'ed. There are so many people in this world who are lost. And by lost, I mean REALLY lost. They have no joy in their life, and they don't even know the name of Jesus Christ. People are getting sex changes right and left, the military is wanting to lift the ban on gays in service, and lady gogo (or whatever her name is this week) is one of the top searched people in the world.

We have macho actors and actresses who think they are doing so much by giving to charities and special orgainizations, but then they blow the rest of their money on drugs, alcohol and posessions. I would like to sit down with some of these people and just ask them, Who is Jesus Christ to you? You see, many of these people don't have a clue who he is. They have been raised up a star, living the star life that is extrememly SELF-CENTERED. Why do you think kids nowadays act the way they do? Think about reality tv shows- you know, the ones where the bleep and the smudge bar are on every 5 seconds- those people's lives are screwed up.

I sometimes think about how much easier life would be if everyone was a Christian. I guess that's how it'll be when I'm in Heaven! I long for the day that I can be around people who are God loving people. No more gay this or that, no more sex changes, no more drugs, no more alcohol ruining families, no more cheating, or lying, no more adultry, no more stealing, no more murder, no more rape, no more immoral behaviors by our leaders (because God is our only leader in Heaven!), no more watching over your shoulder, no more trespassing, no more abuse, no more abductions, no more behavior problems like kids nowadays have, no more poverty, no more rich people, no more poor people, and definately no more lady gogo (that is unless she changes her life track).

I often wonder, how HUGE and monumental it would be for a big star or big athlete to acknowledge they are now a Christian!?!?! Very few of these people we look up to are actually Christians. I mean, many claim they are, but then they get caught doing something we'd never expect them to do. Look at Tiger Woods, that one personally shocked me big time. He was quoted in an article I read after the fire went out over all the stuff he'd be doing and he said he wanted to focus more on his religion... and worshiping budda. I laughed at that one, the very thought of worshiping something that is not real humors me. How rediculous is that? I think I even said out loud when I heard that, "budda ain't going to be able to help you buddy". haha

For those of you who love baseball (and I love baseball!) Albert Pujols (who just so happens to play in Missouri, for the STL cardinals!) is an EXCELLENT role model. He is a TRUE Christian. He lives his life the correct way and you hardly ever hear an interview w/him where he doesn't thank God above (and he ain't talking about budda, folks-- he's talking about the LIVING GOD). If you think about it, you never see interviews with him on ESPN or big time channels because he's a Christian. They know he's going to say something that, to them, is controversial. To us as Christians, it's not. He's a Christian and he lives his life worshiping God for sending his son Jesus Christ down to earth to die for our sins.

I know I tend to ramble on here folks, but this world needs our prayer. We need more people to step up in our youth's lives and be positive role models. We as parents have to stop letting the media raise our children. Because that's what's happening. It's not about you, it's all about GOD. Kids need to know this. And Christmas time is the perfect time of year to teach this to your children.

Merry Christmas to all! :thumbup:

See less See more
#3 ·
why thank you buckfever... i get tired of seeing parents as friends of their kids. that's not the parents' job. your child has plenty of friends. They need a role model and someone who disciplines them. Kids want to be disciplined, trust me folks, I'm a teacher. They know deep down they need to act right and be good. But every child is born a sinner. That's all kids know is sin. That's why when you accept Christ in your heart you become "saved". You are saved from sin's wrath. If kids grow up with out discipline, they continue sinning, they continue living a sinful life, and thus, the way the world is now.... any surprise???

Genesis 18:19

19"For I have chosen him, so that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing righteousness and justice, so that the LORD may bring upon Abraham what He has spoken about him."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.