Being a Christian is truely a blessing... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:18 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default Being a Christian is truely a blessing...

My Testimony,
Recently I have rededicated my life to Christ.
I became a Christian when I was 11 years old, but for many years, I did not live like one. When I became a teenager, it became important for me to fit in and be like my friends. Although I did not drink and party when I was in high school, that is not true about college. I substituted alcohol for my depression over a bad break-up with a girl I thought was the one. For almost 2 years of my life, I lived to please her. I commited many sins while with her, and I was just fine living a non-Christian life. When we split up, my world came crashing down. I was 19 and she was my first true love. When that happens, you feel like you can't go on. I looked to friends and partying to fill the hole left in me. I can't say that I was mad at God, but I often wondered if he made this happen. Looking back on this now, I am very glad he did. She was not a good person for me. She definately was not "the one" for me. Unfortunately for me, I took the wrong road of "recovery" from her. Throughout this whole period and my whole life, my parents have been my rock. They are probably the strongest Christians I know of. My Mother would always push me to talk to God and to focus on Prayer. But when you've been hurt and you're not sure by who, it's hard to trust anyone, including God. I continued to go to Church and "act" like a Christian. I cannot tell you how many times I showed up hung-over to Church and I look back on that now and think how pathetic that was of me to show up in God's house like that. That is a sin that I feel I have been forgiven for, but it still lingers in my mind.
I wanted to badly not to disappoint my Mom and Dad that I tried to hide my drinking and partying and now I look back and think, there's no way they didn't know what I was doing. They never gave up on me though, and that is what I'm truely greatful for.
Towards the end of my college years I met who is now my wife. The funny story is, we grew up 5 miles from each other, she went to a neighboring high school from mine, she went to college at the same college as me, and we never met until my final year of college (and not even AT college). My wife was a year ahead of me in school and she was already teaching at a local school close to where we grew up. It just so happened that a mutual friend introduced us one night. It was that night that I learned what true love was. Unlike any other woman I had met, she and I had alot in common and we enjoyed talking to each other. I purposed in the spring of the next year and all in all we were married after only 9 months of dating. As our wedding date got closer, my future bride and I began talking about our faith. She believed in God and knew that he sent his son to die on the cross for our sins, but her parents were not Church goers. She went to Church with me and my family all throughout our "courting", and eventually, I was able to witness to her and she became a Christian. One of the happiest days of my life was when she was saved through Baptism. That experience opened my eyes. I realized I needed to live my life in a better way. It's extremely easy to be a Christian one day a week. I made the decision to start living more like one. It was hard. I was tempted through sin and my friends wanted the 'ol Tator back. My wife and I are blessed to have a 2 year old son now and trying to be a Christian Father is probably the hardest thing in my life up to this point. I feel as though I have my wife watching me and my son watching me to see how I react to things and treat others. With my wife being a new Christian, it's hard to always have to witness everyday. I screw up alot. At times a foul word will come out in front of her, NEVER my son though. And I constantly feel the power of God when I act like this.
I sincerely believe God had my wife and I picked out. We were meant for each other and He put us together to straighten my life out and hers. I often think back to my first "love". I wonder how different my life would be now if I were to have married her. It scares me. I am extremely thankful to God above for giving me a wonderful wife and a son I adore.
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow....

*I hope this is an inspiration to any and all who read it. Please feel free to reply with your testimony... I would love to hear it.
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2010, 07:04 PM

That's very inspirational tator!!!!!! God is definitely on your side.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:32 PM

great story of life, I hope others find hope in yours.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:29 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Good News

Hi tator,
I was very pleased to read your testimony and that you got "it" at a much earlier age than I did. As you have found out the talk is a lot easier than the walk but the only difference is we know where to go when we perform our man stunts, and isn't it just like Jesus to totally forgive us each time. Not that we deserve it but that He deserves it and simply gives it to us for the asking once we admit our sins. He paid the price.
I wish you a friutful journey in this life now that your life has really begun.
Was it good for your mom and dad when you turned? I know it was, after all you never know who prayed you towards your real home! I think you do.
May God bless and keep you tator, don't hide your talents, use them to the Glory of God and His kingdom.
daddus1
To those reading this post, please give "it" some thought. How's it going for you? Want a change? Be a radical try something that the first Radical asked you to do, simply change your life for the better. I got tired of the insanity!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:25 PM
B&C 180 Class

Daddus,
Thank you for your compliments! I can honestly say that I have been a Christian all my life (well since I was 11) and I have always tried to do the best I can when witnessing and just plain acting like a Christian. Through the rough patches of my life, I still attended church mainly because of my family. They all went and so I went as well. Like I said I never got mad at God, There was just alot I didn't understand. I guess I went through that period where you wonder why God allows bad things to happen. That's part of maturing, and I now realize that. God allows bad things to happen to us for many reasons. What alot of people don't realize is God has no surprises. HE knows what is going to happen in each and everybody's lives every minute of everyday. It's easy to think that God doesn't care about you, but he does. He loves everyone. The reason bad things happen is so that we can learn to trust on our Christian brothers and sisters to get through the rough times and to depend on family and Christ to give us strength to get through it. Everyone goes through tough times and the first thing we automatically think (even non-believers) is why does God hate me so much? That is so far from the truth. I had to learn that and it took me awhile to realize that. I guess when I witnessed to my wife the light bulb came on. I realized, why do I believe this stuff and not live by it? It was dumb to believe one way, but then live your life the opposite. So I made the change. I knew in my heart that I loved God, Period. No doubts. God made the ultimate sacrifice to all of us on this earth. He sent his SON, not just some "guy" to earth, to DIE on the cross for our sins. If you read the Bible carefully, JESUS made the decision to DIE for us. HE made the decision to do that for us. If you remember while Jesus was on the cross, he asked the Lord above, "WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME???" The reason he asked that is because God was allowed him to suffer for our sins. God turned his back on Jesus that ONE time. He allowed his son to die for a cause that he (Jesus) loved so much,,, US!
It is truely an amazing thing to be a Christian. I would like to invite any and everyone if they have questions to feel free to e-mail me. Now, I'm not a pastor of a church or the best Christian in the world, but I can guarantee you I'll find the answer out if I don't know it. Jesus Christ DIED on the cross for our sins, people. How many of you would DIE for millions and millions of people who you don't personally know or for people who aren't even BORN yet? That's what Jesus did (even though HE knows us all).

To GOD be all the Glory...

tay44lor@gmail.com

Last edited by tator; 11-17-2010 at 03:28 PM.