Good Books - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:45 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default Good Books

Hey Guys, I don't know what you guys do while in your stands or blinds, but I spend alot of time in prayer as I scan the woods and sit in awe of HIS greatness, goodness and the living masterpiece of creation that I'm sitting in. I also take in my pack a few pocket sized books that are great reading. Steve Chapman is an author of Christian hunting books. the story's are short and tie a hunting experience to a message. A good one to start with is "With God on a Deer Hunt". He has others that are good too. Look him up. Check out the books.
There is NEVER a bad time to focus on God!!!!!!! I am praying for all of us as we begin another season in the woods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 PM
B&C 160 Class

enjoying being out in the woods enjoying gods creation is my favoate part of the hunt. i spend more time in payer wile hunting than i do the rest of the year combined. i feel much closer to god, when im out in the woods.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugslinger View Post
There is NEVER a bad time to focus on God!!!!!!
I like that statement.

Tha above post is a good idea for those that read while they hunt. Especially since there small and it doesnt add alot to all the stuff we already haul into the woods. Im just not a reader while in the stand.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:57 AM
B&C 100 Class

Buckfever,
I was not at all a reader, until I started taking classes towards my Pastorate. The stories in these books are extremely short 1-2 min reads at most. What I find is after reading a 1-2 page story, you look up from the pages and see exactly what he was writing about, Living right in front of you. You are a part of it. And you see what your looking at differently than you did just two minutes ago. Oh, what lessons and huge blessings HE has for us if we give Him the Time.

Last edited by Slugslinger; 09-04-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 PM

Cool deal..

Where you studying your pastorate?
Old 09-05-2009, 09:55 AM
B&C 180 Class

steve is a great author i got his book" a look at life from a deer stand" plus i carry my pocket size bible in stand
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 09-07-2009, 06:29 AM
B&C 120 Class

If you all carry your cell phone with you when your out hunting, and you have the internet on it, heres a good site. Bible Mobile This site has the full bible in a very easy to read format for a phone. I love having the bible with me all of the time, in my phone! I have also read 'A look at life from a deer stand' A great book for any hunter.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetohunt View Post
If you all carry your cell phone with you when your out hunting, and you have the internet on it, heres a good site. Bible Mobile This site has the full bible in a very easy to read format for a phone. I love having the bible with me all of the time, in my phone! I have also read 'A look at life from a deer stand' A great book for any hunter.
Cool.. I can download that to put on the blackberry.. Then when you have a thought or question you can just look it up.. No matter where your at..
Old 09-07-2009, 05:46 PM
B&C 180 Class

if ya want to borrow the book mark let me know via PM ill send it out to ya
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 09-08-2009, 08:07 AM
B&C 100 Class

I am taking classes online. Right now I am taking a few short classes on a couple of free sites. the thing with these is you have to make sure that the classes you take will transfer. I was taking classes online from Liberty, and some courses from Ky Christian Col. But now I am putting my oldest daughter through college with no help of financial aid (I don't know how that is possible) I've had to look for other ways to continue on with the studies.---Not to fear or fret, there is a time and season for everything. There is no doubt that HE knows what HE is doing in guiding us all. So I will trust without worry and stand still and let God move.