Today's Youth - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:41 AM
B&C 100 Class

Thumbs up Today's Youth

This past Saturday, April 18, I was able to attend a Youth Rally at the Victory Baptist Church in Shelbyville TN. There were 17 different churches in attendence with over 400 folks present, the majority being teens. Bro. David Harrison of the Voice of Hope Ministries did the preaching. The altar was filled with young people at the invitation time with 17 giving their life to Christ for salvation. Many others seeking God's will and blessing on their lives.
With all the negative seen with today's youth, it surely was a blessing to see the Lord work in the lives of young people. All the special singing, along with the choir, was done by the youth. It did the heart of this old preacher good to see our teens stired for God. It is what this country needs.
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 07:05 AM

Every Wedensday my friends and I attend a youth church called the:Rock and there are about 2 other churches in my town also have "gatherings" on Wedensday and once a month we have "Youth United" and the other groups come to either our church or we go to theirs....but it's really fun and I enjoy it a lot
Old 04-23-2009, 07:33 AM
B&C 140 Class

Sureshot, have you ever been to Winterfest in Gatliburg? One week out of the festival is for youth. It's amazing to see that many youth gathered together singing and worship. ETD, you'd love it.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:52 AM
B&C 180 Class

thats all good news for a change.like you said all you ever hear is the negative.i think news reports only promote negative news.whats that old news adage?"if it bleeds it leads" sad for sure
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 06-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Scrub Buck

Good news indeed. Hopefully, the excitement will translate into a love for the truth of God's word.