Deer Hunting Forums banner

Post Your Prayer Requests Here.

14K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Hellbilly 
#1 · (Edited)
Have something your praying for? Share it with fellow deer hunters so they can help you pray.

#6 ·
dad going under the knife

My father is going into surgery on july 15th to have a pacemaker defibrillator installed.He has all ready had surgery for clogged arteries due to smoking,dummy still smokes:thumbdown:.well its a risky procedure but if he doesnt get it done hes a dead man so e 's going for it.I ask all of you to prayer for him ,that God gives him the strength to survive the operation and make a full recovery and hopefully quit smoking.Thanks everybody

#8 ·
heading up to see dad tomorrow before the big day.all of us kids and his brother will be waiting for him when he comes out of surgery on wednesday .

#11 ·
My dad's surgury went well and hes home doing great thanks for the prayers and thank GOD,amen

#12 ·
i first want to state that i am proud to be a part of a forum that has a section that is designated to CHRISTians and pryer. it has become entierly to unpopular to be a christian in this countery. i personaly feel closer to god when i am in the woods, than i have ever felt in any church, and pry more aswell. (and not just for a sucsessfull hunt) i am sorry that i missed the opritunity to pry for your father, as well as the opritunity to have others pry for mine, as he has had 2 unsucsessfull knee surgerys in the last few months. i truely feel that pryer helps as my mom sent out menny pryer request for him about a year ago when he had throught canser. thanks to gods grace and skilled docs, my dad is cancer free.

#15 · (Edited)
Some bad news this evening. An older gentlemen I go to church with passed away this evening while doing some caving. He said he felt bad and told his grand daughter to go get help. When help arrived he had already left. Blood clot in the lungs. Pray for his family please. Some of his grandkids lived with him so it will be especially tough on those young-uns. He was a father more than a grandfather to them. He was a veteran as well.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm praying for the world's issues,..
Keeping ourselves aware of the latest news, researching the background to a situation, and taking opportunities to discuss the situation with informed people can give us important background knowledge. This in turn, informs our prayers, helping us direct our prayers to the particular and specific needs of the situation we are praying for.

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love."
--Mother Theresa--

********** P E A C E ! ***********

#20 ·
I was watching 20/20 last night and saw Charlie Sheen on the show. Man-o-man does he need our prayers guys. I first off don't agree with his so called "hit show" 2 1/2 men. There are many things on that show that are not Biblical and it's just NOT a good show to watch. I discourage any of you from watching it. But also, Mr. Sheen is clearly not doing good. Yesterday was March 1, 2011 and I don't give this actor a year to live. He looked that bad. He's going to overdose and die just like all the other actors out there who get lost in the "big-time life". It's so sad, I think. He had a beautiful wife and I think at least 1 child that he's given up. It's hard when someone in your life resorts to using drugs and focuses their time on it rather than you. Obviously people are more important than drugs.
Let's all pray for him. That he'll have a repenting attitude of his life so far. That he will be lifted up in front of our Lord and that God will protect him from any wrong doings.

Good luck Charlie

#27 ·
I have a prayer request for you all if you don't mind praying for me.
I've offically started a diet as I'm wanting to lose some weight. Like I've said before, I'm around 280-290ish and I'm hoping to at least get down around 230 or even better 210. I'm a strong guy, got alot of muscle mass, but the other is there too. Been going on too long with out watching what I eat and what I weigh. I need to cut calories big time, and really only try to intake calories through food, not drinks. That said, I'm also getting off DIET COKE which is hard to do b/c I love that stuff and I'm trying to only drink water. The snack foods is what's hard. I need to focus on 3 meals a day and that's it. Plus, I try to not eat anything after 6pm so that my body can process the food I intook from the day during the evening and not be doing it while I'm at rest.
I'm also going to start up running again- about 5 years ago I lost quite a bit of weight and got down to 250 all while dieting and running. I got up to around 2 miles of running a day. At first I HATE IT,, but after awhile, I actually love running. It's kinda like hunting, quiet... peaceful and time to think.

Please pray that I stick the course and have a successful diet plan in place. God Bless!

#28 ·
First off Tator good luck on the diet.Nine yrs ago i quit smoking with the birth of my daughter and while quitting i ate everything i could see.That is how i started running and if you stick with it it will grow on you.I run at least 3x a week and at 41 due 7min miles.Im hooked once you start feeling better it will become more fun.Get some good running shoes i like asics or new balance and get out there.I dont care if you jog so slow a turtle will beat you but dont stop jogging you will get there.Now running also helps relieve stress and i enjoy it.I chase my daughter on her electric scooter and at the end she acts tired says her thumb hurts from the throttle.LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.