Deer Hunting Forums banner

My apologies

5K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  truegrit 
#1 · (Edited)
///////////////////

#4 ·
You should not have to apologize for being disgusted with abominable sin.
The scriptures have no tolerance for it and true christians must not. If non
christians do not like this then they can choose not to access this thread.

I have just joined this forum , mainly to discuss deer hunting. then I noticed with delight there was a Christian forum. But if we cannot speak candidly and in truth my stay will be a short one.

#9 ·
I am not apologizing for my beliefs or for being disgusted with this sin, what I was apologizing for was some people on here took my words as hate-speech and I do not hate anyone, so that's what I apologized for.
Bold highlight added to show that you just don't understand what constitutes hate-speech, and what doesn't. You state that you don't hate anyone, yet consider anyone who doesn't follow your religion's beliefs as being a sinner. I don't know of any gay-Christians on this forum, but if there was one do you think they would consider your stated views are being perfectly acceptable, since you demean their entire life and think it's okay because well, you just say you don't hate them? So that makes it all okay?

#7 · (Edited)
Salutations tator, and thank you for clarifying your position. I have a bad habit of jumping the gun sometimes. Is it not sad when someone has a strong opinion against modernistic views you are labeled a hatemonger . I had people literally get in my face over the gay marriage ban amendment fiasco my state went thru last year, just for offering my stand on the issue. that being said I will not revisit this issue on this thread.

On to other things, I live and hunt in the north central region of Minnesota . Deer hunting is very good here as well as turkey, ruffed grouse , dove and a few pheasants . This area is the bottom fringe of the timber wolf range, so they are not a factor here unlike just 20 miles north.

This being the christian corner let me say I had placed my entire trust in Christs work upon the cross for me and in his resurrection when I was about thirteen. believe me when I say it is not always easy to walk by faith in a world were traditional values are becoming extinct.

your attitude seems to be better then mine . I see that your writing skills are excellent and you make your points clear to anyone that cares to pay attention.

I was attempting to post a avatar and some hunting photos yesterday, but my broadband modem for my laptop can't get good reception here this time of year. I hope to rectify this soon and make some hunting post.

I salute all the brethren in Christ.

#10 ·
I'm not sure the spirited debate here ever would find a conclusion. Seems to me a non-believer vs a believer cannot find acceptance in either side's positions regarding certain personal beliefs. Opinions are a personal right, opinions are not a green light for misguided reform attempts. I really don't see the merit in belief bashing as there is nothing to be gained from it. How one conducts his/her life is a liberty granted to us through the constitution. Religion, in any format, is a personal right. I may not like a certain life style, or belief that one has, but it's not my job to attempt to change them into something I may think is better nor would I accept their attempts to change me. I'll let the big guy make his cuts at the end. I know this forum has the potential to create strong personal views, as we have recently seen. So what is it that are we trying to convey? I was concerned when the forum was created and continue to be concerned as personal passions/beliefs can/will generate potentially abusive debate. What I ask for and will moderate is, just keep the debate civil. There will not be any winners or losers so where do we go...........? What is to be gained?

#12 ·
Sadly the debate ends when we all accept each other for what we are, different human beings. I may not like your beliefs or convictions, but I don't spout that you're a sinner if you don't follow my beliefs and convictions.

Sad to see tator take off just because of a discussion, but if your beliefs aren't strong enough to withstand a conversation, which has been civil, then maybe a pause is needed. I understand that you believe what you think is right. You have to live with that.

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks to all, being tolerant is man's best atribute (spell?) to one another. I wouldn't mind sharing a campfire with any of our members, and that's the truth! Tator, one forum discussion does not define a member, or their valued contributions to this site. I would very much appreciate your continued support here. HM

#14 ·
I agree Hunting Man, there is something here we all here have in common !we are outdoors
men! and that is why we are here. Something like a christian corner is a tough thing to put in hunting forum. To be honest I was very surprised to find it here. The season is just around the corner. I will be looking for you, Scorpion8, and tator in other sections of this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.