This absolutely sickens me. - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default This absolutely sickens me.

Gay Marine Proposes at White House - Yahoo! News

Old 08-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Scrub Buck

Yes, it is very sickening. Who could have ever thought that Satan would gain so much ground in this Nation as he has in these past few years.

Gut-wrenching, what is going on.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:51 AM
B&C 120 Class

Buckle in folks, now we go on the all-gay-people-are-evil-and-sick rollercoaster. I'm sorry, what gives you any right to judge anybody else who wants to live their life in peace and love? Actually, what gives you any right to just plain judge anybody?!?
Old 08-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Scrub Buck

Good Gawsh....
Old 08-06-2013, 04:38 PM
B&C 140 Class

PG,
It has to happen, God is still in charge!
daddus
Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 PM

Because we are free we have the right to express our personal opinions, period! Freedom of speech is where the rubber meets the road with me. I do not like gay marriage, I believe it is a genetic defect. I do not however, parade against it, I just believe it's wrong. When my right to express my opinion is being taken away, the fight begins! I have felt this way my whole life and see no reason to change it now. I might be old fashion but I like who and what I am. For those who believe in gay marriage say so just don't bash me for being against it.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddus1 View Post
PG,
It has to happen, God is still in charge!
daddus
Amen, daddus! I hate to see the direction our Nation is going, but God is still in control; and as you say, there are things that have to happen, especially as we see the Day of His coming drawing nearer.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Because we are free we have the right to express our personal opinions, period! Freedom of speech is where the rubber meets the road with me. I do not like gay marriage, I believe it is a genetic defect. I do not however, parade against it, I just believe it's wrong. When my right to express my opinion is being taken away, the fight begins! I have felt this way my whole life and see no reason to change it now. I might be old fashion but I like who and what I am. For those who believe in gay marriage say so just don't bash me for being against it.
Very well said, Hunting Man! This expresses my thoughts exactly. Except for one thing, that being that my personal belief that God has turned them over to having a reprobate mind for not wanting to acknowledge Him. I would agree with you though, that in some cases, some may act in this unnatural way due to mental disorders caused by a defect.

Anyway, as you say, men should have the right to think for themselves and express their opinion. I, like you, am old fashioned to the core and see no reason why I should change my views in order to fit in with the popular opinion of this post-modern world.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 AM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
I do not like gay marriage, I believe it is a genetic defect.
You argue against your own logic. If it is a genetic defect (it is not), then what does it matter, that's the way certain people are. Cancer is a genetic defect, and do you hate all people with cancer, leukemia, Hodgkin's Disease, Parkinson's? Did they have a choice to be that way? And since the answer to that is "no", what makes them any different than hating people with brown hair, or green eyes, or short fingers? It doesn't matter if it is ingrained in them by genetics, or preference: who cares the cause, that's just the way they are.

Face it: look yourself in the mirror and state "I'm a biggot" because that's all there is to it. Stand in front of your god at closing time and see if he thinks it was okay for you to hate another person.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 AM
B&C 140 Class

Scorpion,
You have your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. Thank you for your service to the United States and defending the constitution. I am a veteran also but I only put in 4 years.
I didn't see hate mentioned until I hit your post. I personally don't hate anyone let alone someone who chooses a lifestyle that I do not choose or embrace.
I have many clients who have different lifestyles than I do and to tell you the truth as long as they pay their bill, I don't care.
Do I approve of "alternate lifestyles", no but I choose my battles with a little more discernment than arging with someone I don't really know on DHC.
My son, who unfortunately is not a believer, has a really good saying, " you don't have to attend every argument you are invited to".
Each party has the need to be "right" but when it comes down to it, there is one truth that will prevail, "we will all at some time stand before GOD and explain our lives. At that time All this crazyness here on earth won't matter whatsoever.
I guess my point is as hunters don't we need to be united in times like this than to let something like the above divide us.
God will sort it out IMHO.
daddus
GOD loves us all and is calling your name.
Closed Thread