Deer Hunting Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

This absolutely sickens me.

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Buckle in folks, now we go on the all-gay-people-are-evil-and-sick rollercoaster. I'm sorry, what gives you any right to judge anybody else who wants to live their life in peace and love? Actually, what gives you any right to just plain judge anybody?!?

#6 ·
Because we are free we have the right to express our personal opinions, period! Freedom of speech is where the rubber meets the road with me. I do not like gay marriage, I believe it is a genetic defect. I do not however, parade against it, I just believe it's wrong. When my right to express my opinion is being taken away, the fight begins! I have felt this way my whole life and see no reason to change it now. I might be old fashion but I like who and what I am. For those who believe in gay marriage say so just don't bash me for being against it.

#8 ·
Very well said, Hunting Man! This expresses my thoughts exactly. Except for one thing, that being that my personal belief that God has turned them over to having a reprobate mind for not wanting to acknowledge Him. I would agree with you though, that in some cases, some may act in this unnatural way due to mental disorders caused by a defect.

Anyway, as you say, men should have the right to think for themselves and express their opinion. I, like you, am old fashioned to the core and see no reason why I should change my views in order to fit in with the popular opinion of this post-modern world.

#10 ·
Scorpion,
You have your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. Thank you for your service to the United States and defending the constitution. I am a veteran also but I only put in 4 years.
I didn't see hate mentioned until I hit your post. I personally don't hate anyone let alone someone who chooses a lifestyle that I do not choose or embrace.
I have many clients who have different lifestyles than I do and to tell you the truth as long as they pay their bill, I don't care.
Do I approve of "alternate lifestyles", no but I choose my battles with a little more discernment than arging with someone I don't really know on DHC.
My son, who unfortunately is not a believer, has a really good saying, " you don't have to attend every argument you are invited to".
Each party has the need to be "right" but when it comes down to it, there is one truth that will prevail, "we will all at some time stand before GOD and explain our lives. At that time All this crazyness here on earth won't matter whatsoever.
I guess my point is as hunters don't we need to be united in times like this than to let something like the above divide us.
God will sort it out IMHO.
daddus
GOD loves us all and is calling your name.

#11 ·
I didn't get into service or God, I simply exercised my right to my opinion. I don't hate anyone, well maybe those trying to kill Americans every day. I may dislike a lifestyle or believe it to be wrong but no one should take offense to my opinions as they are simply mine! I don't sell my religion nor do I buy other's nor do I tell someone that I am right. I do agree that the posts have become something that should not happen here at DHC and maybe a break from this subject would be a good thing. I see nothing to be gained by further discussions. Thanks!

#13 ·
I understand what you are saying, and I do agree that there is no need in arguing about this sort of thing or any topic for that matter, but I do also believe that "Believers" should always be ready to stand for what they know is truth.

It would be quite different if this was an Atheistic, God hating part of the forum but this is "Christian Corner" and it would seem that even unbelievers could understand that just as Almighty God in His Word abhors and speaks against such gross and terrible sin, so do His children.

As for as hating anyone, I do not. In fact, I love my fellow man enough that I am willing to tell them the truth, regardless of how much this sinful world might hate me for doing so. In some cases, Believers have such a nicety-nice christianity, not willing to offend anyone whatsoever, that they have become useless servants for Jesus Christ. Just think folks, there were Sodomy laws in this Nation not too many years ago. Think back a little and ask yourself what your Grandpa would think of all of this debauchery that we are now seeing in this Country and across the World at large. No, I won't bicker back and forth with anybody, especially an Atheistic unbeliever, but I will agree with a fellow Believer that two men getting married to one another is a very sickening thing to me and a terrible down-fall for this Nation.

#14 ·
I think my general issue here is that linking the gay lifestyle, whether by choice or by genetics, to Satan and anything religious is basically hate-speech. And here we decide to allow someone's opinion to be posted because it's in "the Christian Corner" whereas the same speech wouldn't be allowed anywhere else on the forum. Can I say my god tells me that black people are subhuman? That was the prevalent thought 100 years ago, and we fought a civil war and riots over it. Now it's rarely a topic and disproven. But discussing gay people as a factor of Satan or genetically defective is hate-speech any way you cut it by any definition of the term, and whether opinion or religious belief, it's best kept to oneself. We can't shield hate speech under freedom of expression just because it's part of "my religion".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.