This absolutely sickens me. - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Christian Corner
Christian Corner Christian Talk Only in this Forum. Discuss Bible Topics, Post Prayer Requests, Etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:13 PM

I didn't get into service or God, I simply exercised my right to my opinion. I don't hate anyone, well maybe those trying to kill Americans every day. I may dislike a lifestyle or believe it to be wrong but no one should take offense to my opinions as they are simply mine! I don't sell my religion nor do I buy other's nor do I tell someone that I am right. I do agree that the posts have become something that should not happen here at DHC and maybe a break from this subject would be a good thing. I see nothing to be gained by further discussions. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 03:33 PM
B&C 140 Class

Yea you are right
Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Scrub Buck

I understand what you are saying, and I do agree that there is no need in arguing about this sort of thing or any topic for that matter, but I do also believe that "Believers" should always be ready to stand for what they know is truth.

It would be quite different if this was an Atheistic, God hating part of the forum but this is "Christian Corner" and it would seem that even unbelievers could understand that just as Almighty God in His Word abhors and speaks against such gross and terrible sin, so do His children.

As for as hating anyone, I do not. In fact, I love my fellow man enough that I am willing to tell them the truth, regardless of how much this sinful world might hate me for doing so. In some cases, Believers have such a nicety-nice christianity, not willing to offend anyone whatsoever, that they have become useless servants for Jesus Christ. Just think folks, there were Sodomy laws in this Nation not too many years ago. Think back a little and ask yourself what your Grandpa would think of all of this debauchery that we are now seeing in this Country and across the World at large. No, I won't bicker back and forth with anybody, especially an Atheistic unbeliever, but I will agree with a fellow Believer that two men getting married to one another is a very sickening thing to me and a terrible down-fall for this Nation.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:45 AM
B&C 120 Class

I think my general issue here is that linking the gay lifestyle, whether by choice or by genetics, to Satan and anything religious is basically hate-speech. And here we decide to allow someone's opinion to be posted because it's in "the Christian Corner" whereas the same speech wouldn't be allowed anywhere else on the forum. Can I say my god tells me that black people are subhuman? That was the prevalent thought 100 years ago, and we fought a civil war and riots over it. Now it's rarely a topic and disproven. But discussing gay people as a factor of Satan or genetically defective is hate-speech any way you cut it by any definition of the term, and whether opinion or religious belief, it's best kept to oneself. We can't shield hate speech under freedom of expression just because it's part of "my religion".
Old 08-08-2013, 06:26 AM

We will just have to agree to disagree. Next subject please.
Closed Thread