Deer Hunting Forums banner

New Guy here

4K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  quigleysharps4570 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
Ran across this site a couple nights ago, decided to join and just wanted to introduce myself. Been an avid pheasant hunter for the past 12 years and here within the last year have picked up deer hunting. I have a nice chunk of family ground in Southeast Kansas and last winter shot my first ever deer (nice doe) and ended up shooting another doe the following day. My buddy who was with me shot a nice 8 pointer the same day and needless to say I'm hooked! I have two young kids (7 and 4) and both are very interested in hunting. Took both dove hunting quite a few times with me last year and took my 7 year old daughter deer hunting once last year as well. Ended up buying a nice wooden ground blind, a feeder and a trail camera. Took them all down to the farm yesterday to set up. Can't wait to check the trail camera here in the next month or so. Have quite a few buddies who deer hunt and they've been very helpful in helping me get started. I jumped head over heals into it last year and ended up processing both those deer I shot last year by myself. A lot of work but very rewarding and glad I decided to do it. Hopefully I can shoot 3 or 4 this year to stock the freezer and our family love the taste of venison. Just wanted to say hello, look forward to getting to know everyone. Bryan

#13 ·
Welcome from another Tennessean and I probably need to come help you scout your place and hunt it with you just to get you strated right. I always need new material for an article. :lol:

I have hunted KS quite a few times and have found some great deer there. Hunted on some river near Chanute (been a long time, can't remember the name) and killed a dandy 11-point back in the mid-90's. When I was rodeoing for a living, I worked rodeos all over KS from the Flint Hills to Goodland.

Welcome and keep us posted on your progress.

Scribe

#14 ·
Believe me, my buddies have jumped on the chance to hunt on my place with me to "help me get started". You are correct in that there are some nice deer in Kansas. I believe the river you are talking about in Chanute is the Neosho, does that ring a bell? Appreciate everyone welcoming me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.