Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Regrets? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/9722-regrets.html)

Hunting Man 06-25-2012 09:15 AM

Regrets?

I needed some extra funds for the trailer project so I sold the Win 88 without ever firing it. This is really unusual for me and I hope I don't regret it. I do buy and sell a couple of guns a year so I could replace it someday. A buddy from work bought it and will hunt with it so it went to a good home like puppy, ha ha. Everyone has to balance economics in their lives this time it was a rifle for me.

spiker 06-25-2012 10:36 AM

Its unfortunate when this happens but sometimes you gotta do it..I regret selling my first guitar from 1987.It was an Ibanez rg550 now considered a classic and worth a good buck.Lookin back wish i never had to do it.:wallbash:

ridgerunnermike 06-25-2012 10:45 AM

I feel ya there bud. I bought a winchester model 94/22m last year. id been looking for one for 4 years and finally found it. 6 weeks later, the clutch went out on my car and i was short on funds having just bought christmas presents. someone got lucky for 350

delbert 06-25-2012 04:23 PM

If the trailer is going to match your fancy new ride ....
It may cost you a few guns :w00t:

timberghost 06-25-2012 09:52 PM

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to make things a go.

tomlightfield 06-26-2012 03:02 PM

Hey Ghost, I know this is not on the subject line here, but I saw you are logged on and was wondering if you heard any more about the Nick Casal deal, like if that chicken s--t attacker has been to trial yet, and or sentenced yet??? I believe I read that this makes him a 3 time loser(don't quote me on that) but if that's the case, he's going bye bye for a very long time!! Hope so!!

bigevil1 06-26-2012 03:56 PM

i dont understand the attachment to guns. i sold 3 this year and some of my buddies couldnt understand why. when i answer im broke and need gas and grocery $ they still look at me like im nuts! i just really dont understand the attachment.

WisconsinDeer 06-26-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigevil1 (Post 70552)
i dont understand the attachment to guns. i sold 3 this year and some of my buddies couldnt understand why. when i answer im broke and need gas and grocery $ they still look at me like im nuts! i just really dont understand the attachment.

I don't understand the attachment to a lot of things, like women and their shoes, but I think I like my guns more than my own truck.

UnchartedOutdoors 06-27-2012 12:39 AM

Yeah sometimes you have to balance out what's more important. Use your best judgement as to whats more important

Hunting Man 06-27-2012 06:25 AM

Why do people collect anything? Mostly because they want too! I love firearms period, I don't need any other excuse. I think many here have a similar interest.