ebay - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default ebay

Has anyone ever sold anything on ebay then had a buyer not pay you? I'm dealing with a "gem" of a jerk right now. Long story short, I sent him an invoice on Monday night (last night) after he won an auction of mine on SATURDAY night and still hadn't paid. I told him I would appreciate prompt payment and that if I didn't receive my money by 2pm today I'd report him to ebay. Well it's 3pm now and still no payment. He messaged me twice saying he didn't appreciate my messages and that he was going to "give me the feedback that I deserved to get". He also mentioned that as a seller I could NOT leave feedback on him... I believe this is wrong. Anyways, he said this "I was gone on Easter vacation and could not get to a computer!" like he was yelling it at me. I informed him that I did not know him from Adam and that for all I knew he was going to be a no-payer.

Sure wish there was a way to delete his "win" on my auction and run the auction again.

Is there away to "BLOCK" someone from ever bidding on your stuff again? That's the real question I want answered!
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Tator, right now I have a non-paying bow buyer. E-bay says I have to wait 5 days to then report a non-payer. I sent the invoice and he mailed me back said thanks I said I'd send it out this morning after he makes payment and no payment since Sunday night. I believe after the 5 day period I can leave negative feedback for him. Hopefully E-bay blocks him from further purchases.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 PM
B&C 140 Class

I'm pretty sure the rules say people have up to 7 days to pay for an item before any action can be taken, I know a person can retract a bid,and a seller can end item early for a few number of reasons, but if it sold I think it can only be relisted after a non payer after they are reported and it's over the max time limit.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM

I never messed with e-bay because it seems like an easy way to mess with people....I hardly even understand that site.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 PM

Late payer did pay today so all things are good here, he stated that E-bay had some problems on Sunday and sent him some kind of bonus thing for screwing up the payment process?? Anyway bow #4 goes to a happy home tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 AM

Tator you can block bidders hard for me to explain but go to the community tab in "my ebay" in the search type in "block bidder" it will exlplain how to do it
I had a person buy a bow from me a few years ago & never heard from him had to wait the 7 days then filed a complaint ebay eliminated all fees & free relisting it happens I can say I have had trouble sending payments myself but with good communication I was able to keep the seller updated till paypal system was fixed & from what I understand you can put what ever you want for a time frame for payment say "must pay within 48 hours after end of auction" that is a famous one they still have 7 days to pay you per EBAY

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-11-2012, 06:25 AM

Knock on wood, I've had good luck both as the buyer and seller, I hope my luck holds out.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 AM

Bruce
that was the only issue I ever had
don't know what happened to the person had 100% feedback 1,00's of them looked like he purchased about 20 items the same week & never paid for any of them so something must of happened to him other then that I too have had great luck with EBAY.
Wish I could buy/sell more

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 AM
B&C 120 Class

According to Ebay rules, you have to wait 4 full days from the exact time of an auction ending, at which time if you haven't been paid you can open a case in the Resolution Center. And Tator, that guy is goofy telling you that you can't leave negative feedback for him because he is the buyer, it goes both ways, where does he think his feedback rating comes from--duh, from sellers that he buys things from. I personally have had good luck with Ebay from a buying standpoint, I've never been a seller. One of the last things I bought on Ebay was a very expensive motorcycle from a guy in Carrollton, Georgia. Really NOT like me to do something like that, but after talking with this man on the phone I knew he was trustworthy, you could just tell that this guy never learned how to lie. Hope your deal gets resolved peacably, doesn't sound like that's gonna happen.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:01 AM

that is not correct Tomlightfield
rules were changed recently & is difficult for the seller to leave anything but positive feedback
after the buyer leaves negitive then you can respond to it
unless they changed it again since I have last sold on ebay (few months ago)

Steven Wright