ebay - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:05 AM
B&C 180 Class

Well the buyer finally paid,,, this morning. About 3 and 3/4 days later after winning the auction. Why do people have to be jerks about things? I'll admit, I can fire things right back when you're being an a-hole to me. (my wife told me last night that I should've never messaged the guy and just waited patiently for the payment)... and like always, she's right. I'm naturally impatient. I get it from my father who is the KING of impatience still to this day! I've gotten better over the years, but still it comes out. I was hoping to get the money on this auction and turn it around to buy something else, but that wasn't the case,,, had to wait almost 4 days.
I just think it's crappy how some people treat others. Was my initial message to him short and to the point? Yes. Did I tell him what I would do if he didn't pay? Yes. What's wrong with that? This guy took it as a threat that he had better pay or I was going to report him to the police or something... at least that's how he reacted.

Like many of you, I have had very good luck with Ebay in the past as well. ALL the things I sell have been paid for in less than 24 hours after I sold them. PLUS, when I bought something, I ALWAYS paid within 24 hours and if I didn't, I would message the seller and give them a legit reason why I could not pay till tomorrow or the next day, whatever the case may be.

Sorry for getting worked up on here... just ticks me off that this guy would "assume" I knew he was on Easter vacation and that he couldn't pay right then...
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 08:06 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
that is not correct Tomlightfield
rules were changed recently & is difficult for the seller to leave anything but positive feedback
after the buyer leaves negitive then you can respond to it

That makes me about as mad as finding out obama won the presidency.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM

Tator I agree & don't understand how this helps or even makes sense
I can say with the temper you have I have blocked you out as a buyer J/K

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-11-2012, 08:35 AM
B&C 120 Class

I'm sure you know more about it than I do Dep, I'm a casual user of Ebay at best, but if that's the case, why can a buyer bash a seller but a seller can't tell everyone when he gets a bum for a customer--seems quite illogical to me, but then again they didn't invite me to the meeting when they made the rules.HAHA
Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 AM

Tom
I don't know doesn't seem fair
LOL I was not invited to the meeting either

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-11-2012, 02:30 PM
B&C 180 Class

Well I sent off the sold item today and hopefully I can wash my hands of it. Tired of dealing with this guy and not going to respond anymore to him.

A quick question... when I'm on "my selling" page, and I click on leave feedback, the screen changes and go right back to the "my selling" page. Will it even let me leave feedback at all??? If not, it is absolutely absurd that ebay made this rule change.

Also- for those of you who sell stuff on ebay- HM you might know the answer to this- why the heck does it have a "ESTIMATED FUNDS AVAILABILITY"???? What the heck is that all about? I'm guessing it's to protect the buyer from paying for something that is not what it says it is??? Just guessing. Honestly, I think this is stupid and hurts the seller once again. It's like they don't want you to sell crap on ebay, but they sure as heck want you to buy stuff. After this experience, I may be done completely with ebay in general.

This jerk of a guy thinks that negative feedback will hurt my feelings. Jokes on him, I rarely sell things on here, plus if he wants to make my 100% drop I'll just sign up for a new account and use my wife's name for it. (she already uses mine for her purchasing!) LOL